The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
OBS
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once I got the back off, I looked at the old resistor. Holy crap that is small. If you don't have a steady hand i don't think it would be a good idea to try it. The old resistor is the size of the (In God We Trust) on an older quarter. Only burn't myself twice with the iron:damnit .

·
2,509 Posts
I've been itching to do mine or buy one. was it pritty simple other than being small. can you tell any difference yet?

·
OBS
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it was well worth doing. if you have a steady hand give it a try. I soldered in high-school but that was it. not hard to do, just don't rush

·
Registered
849 Posts
will u do mine for me ???i pay good ?????i cant find the resistor or i would do it myself could u send me on of ur's ill give ya 20 bucks for the resistor send in a envalope im desperate right now LOL

·
168 Posts
i know this might sound stupid but whats an IDM mod? and what will it do for me?
tommy

·
OBS
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I used a borrowed SD IDM which had been modded, and it slowed my truck down by around 0.3 sec and 0.9 mph in the ¼-mile compared to stock! The modded IDM felt more responsive down low, but was lacking in midrange power. When I get some spare time, I plan to make a breakout harness so I can monitor the output to the injectors with an oscilloscope. I'd be curious to hear anyone else's dragstrip or dyno numbers on this mod.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

·
Registered
687 Posts
I've got one too, and honestly. I don't know if it did anything at all, seems like it might pick up just a tid bit better but meh.

·
0 Posts
I believe the OBS trucks came standard with the 100 volt version...the early 99's came with the 110 volt version with the later models getting the 120 volt version.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts