The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed my 2011 SD has "Ultra low Sulphur Diesel Only" printed on the fuel cap. Checked at the local Esso, where I get my fuel and see the pump is marked "low Sulphur Diesel". Is that the same as Ultra-low ? If not, any major concerns about using low sulphur, when the truck should be getting ultra low ? What type of problems, if any, can this cause?

Thanks in advance for any help or comments.

·
1,415 Posts
Its all Ultra low now adays they just forgot to change the sticker.

·
65 Posts
ID imagine its Ultra Low, but it wont hurt to ask the station. There is a description in the owners manual regarding different levels of fuel sulfur. I remember reading it, just dont remember what it was related to.

·
Euro Sparky/ Wrencher
1,065 Posts
Just noticed my 2011 SD has "Ultra low Sulphur Diesel Only" printed on the fuel cap. Checked at the local Esso, where I get my fuel and see the pump is marked "low Sulphur Diesel". Is that the same as Ultra-low ? If not, any major concerns about using low sulphur, when the truck should be getting ultra low ? What type of problems, if any, can this cause?

Ultra low and low sulfer diesel fuel are two diffrent setting and with your truck you can not run low sulfer diesel fuel you must run Ultra low sulfer diesel fuel the way your truck is set up for.

Please do not risk to ruin your truck with LSD instead of ULSD.

Merci.
Marc

·
16 Posts
Any major concerns about using low sulphur, when the truck should be getting ultra low ? What type of problems, if any, can this cause?

Oh heck,

Diesel is diesel. They'll run just fine on 20-year-old straight #2 tractor fuel. Don't ask me how I know. :>)

Allan

·