The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havea 2001 2500 Dodge Diesel and it appears to leaging fuel from the valve you use to drain the water from the fuel bowl. Is there a kit you can purchase to rebuild this valve? If so, can it be done with out pulling the bowl assembly?

Thanks for your help,
Troy

·
Registered
21 Posts
tbssj said:
I havea 2001 2500 Dodge Diesel and it appears to leaging fuel from the valve you use to drain the water from the fuel bowl. Is there a kit you can purchase to rebuild this valve? If so, can it be done with out pulling the bowl assembly?

Thanks for your help,
Troy
If memory serves, there is a seal kit available from Dodge. Call your local dealership. I'm pretty sure the bowl has to come off for the repair. Disregard the following unhelpfull crap, as this applies to the spin on filter with spin on valve. Sorry. You may have to replace that valve, but its more likely the seal is leaking. Get a new fuel filter, it will come with the new seals for the filter and the drain valve. Replace the filter (installing new seals wet with fuel) and recheck. If it continues to leak you will need a new valve. Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts