• 8-Lug

Votes: 13 16.5%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we here at Grand Rock were wondering what "Diesel" magazine the members read? Are you a Diesel Power fan...or maybe you prefer 8-Lug. Either way we want to know who's reading what...and why. So vote for the magazines you read, or prefer to read..and feel free to leave any comments about the magazine you chose.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Oh, one more thing...if I forgot a magazine...let me know we'll get it added right away.

·
MAFIA #8
5,567 Posts
I am currently subscribed to Diesel Power and Diesel Builder. BUT have only recieved one issue of Diesel Builder in the last 9 months and I was calling about once a month starting in September and was always told that another would be out in a week or two.. I am still waiting though...

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
diesel power here

·
Still Diggin
634 Posts
Currently subscribed to diesel power but letting it lapse. Too many ads.
Same here, dont know what Ill be switching to yet.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
ya ive always had a sub to DP...dont hardly ever get time to read through it tho...mainly just look at the pics! LOL anybody recommending one over the other IYO?

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
Diesel Power all the time. Diesel World when i find it, usually every month. sometimes 8lug because i dont always find it.

Garrett

·
1,409 Posts
I just let all of my subscriptions run out 'cuz they stink. The only mag I still get is Petersen's 4 wheel & off road, they build cool things. All of those mags blow because it is so obvious their product reviews have been paid for by the manufacturer of the product being reviewed. Even Petersen's does it, but they also have good info from time to time.

Sorry about the "rant slant".

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
Diesel Power because I have a subscription, Diesel World when in Wally world and 8 lug on occasion, I can not find the others in my area.

·
812 Posts
usually diesel power everyonce in a while diesel world. but i want to get a subscription to diesel tech

·
Registered
81 Posts
Currently subscribed to diesel power but letting it lapse. Too many ads.
I have to agree, way to many ads. I realize that helps them with the cost of publishing the magazine, but when you have more ads then written articles, it makes you wonder why you have it. We subscribe because of the business, diesel world and we pick up 8lug. I happen to like diesel builder.

·
R.I.P. DAD
3,800 Posts
I buy each one every month but I have a problem with one that keeps making simple mistakes that leaves me wondering how much they really know about diesel's. Like this month they had a artical on a truck and went on a 3 page spread about it and all of the pics except one were of a different truck then the one they were talking about, and that could be said ok thats a little mistake except that that same truck was supposed to be on the cover and they screwed that up and put the same wrong truck on there.

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
too poor to buy any right now. usually take the time to thumb through diesel power when i take a late night drunken walk to the local store for some reason.

been reading diesel power since issue 1, actually have it somewhere around here still... magazines are cool, but really, why bother, when any and everything is online, and you some (if not most) of the people you read about are members on most forums around-

i think id rather subscribe to another kind of magazine..... giggity giggity giggity :haha

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
I have a subscription to both DP and DW. So I read both. But I prefer DW. DP has too many adds.

·
211 Posts
None

I used to just buy whatever I could find at the airport, but now that I've found this forum, so why bother.

Far more information here on the forum, real-time help if needed. I never would've figured out how to make a DIY intake without the forum........do you honestly think they would put that in a magazine?? There's no way to get a manufacturer to pay for the article.

Just my 2/100th dollars, FWIW.

Woody

·
2,183 Posts
Only ones I can really get around here are DP (have a subscription) and 8-lug. I guess i like DP better b/c it always seems to have mroe to it, where as 8-lugs tend to be fairly short and thin. But there is way to many ads in there

·
348 Posts
Mabe they should publish a magazine with just ads? that way we could get to the hype and paid for stories. That in reality are just big fancy ads anyway. it's all just hype and crap to get your hard earned $$$$. jmho Save your money you get better info right here and even pictures sometimes. What more could you ask for?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts