The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the studs on my truck yesterday and the mechanic says the gaskets from Ford are different than the ones that were on my truck and my truck is a job 3. We didn't really get into how they were different and I never got there to see them. Mine were showing a lot of wear and new heads were put on as well. They must have been walking around as they had a tiny groove wore in where the sealing rings are. Also, I am deleting the egr coolers completely while cab is off, should be done today.:thumbsup

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Did the studs on my truck yesterday and the mechanic says the gaskets from Ford are different than the ones that were on my truck and my truck is a job 3. We didn't really get into how they were different and I never got there to see them. Mine were showing a lot of wear and new heads were put on as well. They must have been walking around as they had a tiny groove wore in where the sealing rings are. Also, I am deleting the egr coolers completely while cab is off, should be done today.:thumbsup

Is the truck going to run right with all the sensors in the EGR cooler off? This has been a concern i have been thinking about with this mod. I think there is something pre cooler one. However a welded flush Y pipe there should be a big improvement in flow.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Is the truck going to run right with all the sensors in the EGR cooler off? This has been a concern i have been thinking about with this mod. I think there is something pre cooler one. However a welded flush Y pipe there should be a big improvement in flow.
We can applicably disable all of the EGR system components with tuning so that they can be unplugged and completely remove the system.

The EGBP sensor does need to be relocated elsewhere in the pre-turbo exhaust stream, however, because it is still needed for control of the VGT even without the EGR in place.

·
Super *********
305 Posts
If the removal of the EGR requires the relocation of the sensor then isn't the disable process of the tune going to eliminate some readings? If the Cap Off's are used is the sensor after the caps!

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm only removing the coolers and not the exhaust pipe going to them. It is fairly easy to do and the EGBP sensor is in that pipe. The only sensor is the temp sensor in the vertical cooler. I'm going to leave it and live with the code it throws until I get Spartan to program it out.

Cobb's will have their kit out soon enough, I just decided to do my own as the cab was already off.

I don't know if there is much to gain by removing the pipe going to the coolers. Plus this way it is still fairly simple to put back to stock and you don't have bung welded in the uppipes for the EGBP.

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
We can applicably disable all of the EGR system components with tuning so that they can be unplugged and completely remove the system.

The EGBP sensor does need to be relocated elsewhere in the pre-turbo exhaust stream, however, because it is still needed for control of the VGT even without the EGR in place.
Sweet... a new pipe with a bung welded at the Y totally eliminated all the egr equipment there would be kickass!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts