The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking into upgrading the differential cover. my truck is 4x4..does that mean i need to buy 2? which one do you guys recommend?

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
yeah you will need 1 for front and rear... I would get an rear cover for an 08 for around $40 bucks and then just get whatever you want for the front...

·
2,612 Posts
does anyone make a front dif cover like to rears on the 08?

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
you can get mag hytecs or PMLs for the front... but nothing that is from ford..

·
Registered
94 Posts
You can get one form Dieselmanor.com for about 45.00 plus shipping and it comes with the longer bolts. Its just like the one at the ford stealership. That is for the rear only.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does it matter that the 08 holds the same amount of fluid. the only difference is the fins.. is that what i am mainly looking for or more fluid and fins?

·
Sumo Blue
527 Posts
If you're looking for maximum cooling ability, you want extra capacity and fins. The fins give the differential cover more surface area, and more surface area equals greater cooling ability (more surface for air to move over and take the heat out of the material). And obviously, increased fluid capacity will help keep temperatures down.

--Snake

·
411 Posts
Snake said:
If you're looking for maximum cooling ability, you want extra capacity and fins. The fins give the differential cover more surface area, and more surface area equals greater cooling ability (more surface for air to move over and take the heat out of the material). And obviously, increased fluid capacity will help keep temperatures down.

--Snake
And unfortunately, from what I've seen, covers that do both don't cost $40. More like $180. Ouch!

That $45 Ford '08 cover is looking good.

Anyone laser temp it to see if it is cooler than the OEM cover?

Al

1 - 8 of 8 Posts