The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys the 6.0L kit is finally done. The 7.3 kit hit a snag. The bracket on the 7.3 got misbent at the fabricator. Here are some pics of the 6.0L kit installed. They use Fleetguard filters and include ball valves. The hose in this kit is far superior to the competitors hose. I had been running that kit before deciding to make my own. When I attempted to remove it, I found the hoses had melted slightly and fused to the brass hose barbs. Notice in the pic. Their hose also has 6 reinforcement strands where mine has 24.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
This one will be a lot easier to change the filter on compared to the one I got.:Thumbup: To bad you didn't have this set-up a year ago:shrug:

·
4,318 Posts
Any pics of the place where the coolant filter pulls from the coolant line, and where it dumps back in??

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In the heater core line there will be a Brass T. On each end is the 3/4 inch hose barb for the heater core line and in the middle is the 3/8 barb for the line to the filter. This way should you want to add a coolant temp gauge you can swap out the T for a cross + and use the 4th port for a temp sender. The pricing on the kit will be 100 bucks plus some money for shipping. Ball valves included.

·
Registered
868 Posts
PSDPlayer said:
In the heater core line there will be a Brass T. On each end is the 3/4 inch hose barb for the heater core line and in the middle is the 3/8 barb for the line to the filter. This way should you want to add a coolant temp gauge you can swap out the T for a cross + and use the 4th port for a temp sender. The pricing on the kit will be 100 bucks plus some money for shipping. Ball valves included.

whats the fleetgaurd filter number?
the reason i ask is that i run on my petes penray need release # nf-2088
and want to know if these filters will work.
when i buy the kit from you.

·
0 Posts
I moved this into the supporting vendor forum since we are talking about a specific product for sale by one of our vendors.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Junior, I don't think the additive in the filter is supposed to be used with the gold coolant. I would rather you used the other filter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts