The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Rollin' Coal
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had some piping left from a buddies truck so i ordered a mbrp down pipe and cat delete. some reducers and a chrome tip.

istalled the down pipe and cat delete. mocked eveything up and came up with this

after welding everything up i primered with 500 degree primer

then flat black

installed on truck and added the tip i got from a big rig shop

heres what it sounds like.

[ame=http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m192/ejtyper2000/?action=view&current=DSCN0817.flv]
[/ame]

·
9/11/01 343
697 Posts
Sweet wonder how long that primer is gonna hold up.

·
14 Posts
Looks good. Thats exactly what I want to do.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
sweet nice job , short sweet and simple just how i like it

·
Rollin' Coal
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all the positive feed back.

its 3.5 inch down pipe and delete pipe in stainless steel. 3.5-4 adapter, 4-5inch adapter, 45 deg. 5inch bend in aluminized and a 5 inch chrome tip i got from a big rig shop. i used a factory ford clamp from the stock exhaust on the down pipe and the delete pipe.

not bad. what size pipe?

Garrett

·
Smokin
530 Posts
Looks good. You will have black on everything under your truck.

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
I had a pipe just like that 7 years ago on my turbocharged IDI in highschool....:thumbsup

·
Rollin' Coal
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSpeeDEMONSS
F2, where are you located?

Garrett

Last I heard he is back in Brea

need to get BOTH of you out to Truck Nights!

Garrett
yeah im in brea. i work in huntington. i cruised by autobacs a while back when i got off work and saw 2 duramaxes...let me know when the next event is. i want to run the 1/4mi again in fontana if you guys do that.

a little fun fact for everyone. after puting the exhaust on i made a trip to blythe. and got a average of 17.5MPG with dj's looney tune towing my 14ft alum boat and 2 dirtbikes.

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSpeeDEMONSS
F2, where are you located?

Garrett

Last I heard he is back in Brea

yeah im in brea. i work in huntington. i cruised by autobacs a while back when i got off work and saw 2 duramaxes...let me know when the next event is. i want to run the 1/4mi again in fontana if you guys do that.

a little fun fact for everyone. after puting the exhaust on i made a trip to blythe. and got a average of 17.5MPG with dj's looney tune towing my 14ft alum boat and 2 dirtbikes.
next meet is this friday. starts at 7pm.

Garrett

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
me matt and milt not invited?? LOL thought you were flyin us out there garrett!! i made my own exhaust as well! got all the piping from big rig shop, bought the DP from pinnacle perf...

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
me matt and milt not invited?? LOL thought you were flyin us out there garrett!! i made my own exhaust as well! got all the piping from big rig shop, bought the DP from pinnacle perf...
im thinking it might be more cost affective to do the swap myself. you guys would cost me over a G to get you out here to help.

Garrett

·
135 Posts
Garrett, I will be there this Friday.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
im thinking it might be more cost affective to do the swap myself. you guys would cost me over a G to get you out here to help.

Garrett
DUDE....we would so be worth it!!! :happymugs:roflol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts