The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Diesel Pro
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey does anyone know where to get like an AFE pre filter for the DIY filter set up. I dont remember the number of the filter but you know what Im talkign about I think its like Fram ca6637. I cant find a pre filter the right size anywhere.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
yes thats the number but i think he wants a pre filter/filter sock kinda thing? i do to so i hope someone will chime in with a number
steve

·
2,106 Posts
camojeeper said:
yes thats the number but i think he wants a pre filter/filter sock kinda thing? i do to so i hope someone will chime in with a number
steve
I do realize that... I was simply stating that it was a NAPA or WIX, and not a FRAM... I do not know anything about a pre-filter for one...

My idea though...
Have the wife break out the sewing machine and find a good fabric for it and make a sock for it...???

Just a thought anyway...

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
eazy now just tryin to be clear. as for the wife thing i wonder how well a pair of panty hose would work???

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Who cares what brand he said, he was asking about a pre-filter:poke: :poke:

·
2,106 Posts
camojeeper said:
eazy now just tryin to be clear. as for the wife thing i wonder how well a pair of panty hose would work???

I wasn't freakin out, sorry if it seemed that way... I suppose it helps to know how much I hate fram filters, they are junk. I had however just finished my long post over in "to re-gear or not to re-gear"

But true, the brand really wasn't an issue... :shrug:

·
Diesel Pro
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do have a fram because thats what we put in the semi's at work. I have a fram in my truck because the napa is like $34 and the fram from west michigan fleet is $9. I want a prefilter for this summer at silver. I had the stock air box last year.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
hey mack lose the fram there junk take one and cut it in half then cut a wix or napa or baldwin filter in half you can see the difference even if you getem for free the fram is junk threes a reason there only 9 $ just my .02 but i hope some one will chime in i want a pre filter two
steve

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts

·
Diesel Pro
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They have used fram for years at work and never had a problem. I had a vix on it and cut it in half and it looks exactly like the fram I have on it now. Either way I WANT A PRE FILTER. Ya that number didnt work.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
:whs well said

·
523 Posts
Try part # 20-2087

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
Macktruckdriver said:
I think it flows GREAT.
hey man not tryin to argue but on a flow bench the fram was the worst of the 3 napa baldwin and fram the flow bench dont lie.

·
442 Posts
Thanks for that part # on the skin. I have been worried about doing to DIY because my truck is used for a chipper truck, and sees a lot more dust than your average rig. With that skin I think I think I will be more at ease.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts