The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
You can call me French
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done smoking my factory tails, cablights, mirror makers, and 3rd brake light. It turned out really good and was one of the easiest things I have done to the truck. The steps to get this done right are as follows;

1. Pick up some VHT Niteshade paint from your local O'Riley Autoparts store along with some grease and tar remover.

2. Take all the lights off of the truck that you are wanting to "smoke" and take them inside to a well vented area.

3. Be sure to read and follow all instructions on the grease and tar remover and clean all lens surfaces with a clean towel

4. Once all the lights are clean, read the instructions on the VHT can. Be sure you read the part about 3 coats will cause little to no light to show through. (I put one coat on mine and they are perfect.)

5. Allow lights to dry completly before attempting to re-mount on your truck, finger prints in the paint doesn't look to professional.

6. Once lights are dry, mount on your truck and enjoy the new look of your smoked lights for a fraction of the cost you can buy aftermarket ones for:thumbsup

Hope this helps some for those of you that are wanting to do this to your own trucks. I love the look of mine and will get pictures posted up this coming weekend.

-French

·
873 Posts
Reactions: SSpeeDEMONSS

·
singles member #53
229 Posts
Yes that stuff is awesome i used it on my daily driver (thunderbird) and stuff looks awesome. a little hint though the first coat that you put on make sure it is a light coat (almost just mist it hold the can far away)and let it get tacky before the next coat. that will greatly reduce the chance of ruins.

·
406 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts