The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is need to order the SCT. I have pulled the PCM and wrote down the number/letters that seem correct (KYN1) do I need any other info to order, ie vin.
My truck is as listed in the sig line below. I spoke with DJ some time back, a couple of months ago, I wanted to get some miles on the truck first now I am ready.
I forget what is the deal with the tunes, do I just pick three and he loads those on the tuner and the others he list (econo, cold...) do I pay for those if I want them, at a later date?

DJ, I know you are busy, let me know when your avail and I will place my order!

Thanks,

Russ

·
3,630 Posts
If you don't know your engine strategy or if you've been reflashed...the easiest way to get correct tunes is to have them send you a blank tuner..you read the corect strategy and tell them...they e-mail you the tunes you want and install them yourself.
It sounds hard...but takes just a few minutes to do...and you're virtually assured of getting the correct tunes that way.

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
i would have the sct shipped blank, then you plug it in and read the strategy the call him and give him the number, then he emails them to you, you download them and either use live load if they are .ll3 files or extreme tune if they are .xtr files. then plug in SCT to usb port and load the files onto the sct!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I hope to be cruisin a little faster soon!

CB, done!

Russ

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey I just pulled my strat it is VCCF1TQCJ0...does that match up to KYN1..

Thanks Russ

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey I just pulled my strat it is, VXCF1TQCJ0, does this match up with KYN1?

Thanks,

Russ

·
Wolverine Vendor
632 Posts
Russ7R said:
Hey I just pulled my strat it is, VXCF1TQCJ0, does this match up with KYN1?

Thanks,

Russ
Yes. It's a KYN1.

DJ :evil:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Why didn't you get a tuner with firmware 1.11 on it? Makes it easier to check when the engine and the trans strategy are separate.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PSD..??? Not sure. I am new to the SCT2. I just purchased one so I am not sure what does what. With a little playing I will feel more comfortable.

While reading the instructions sheet that came with the turner, it says to unplug the fuel pump and fan....why would you need to do this to install a tune?

Russ

1 - 12 of 12 Posts