The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chip from DJ and running the street tune. Here is my problem, when I get on the skinny pedal hard it works like a champ (not a problem). When I try and drive it normal at about 1700 rpm it likes to jump like it hit a power band, (not really a problem just annoyance), however a little difficult to drive, ok I can live with that but here is where I have the problem I don't like, when it shifts into the next gear it seems like it falls on its face. I mean it goes from having all kinds of power to flat than about 1 sec later bam power again. Is the program set up to defuel while shifting or is my turbo vgt going bad? Is there a fix?

Russ

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Russ. DJ & Viv have an appointment tonight but I sent them an email and one of us will get ahold of you ASAP but it may be tomorrow.

Chris

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks, I dont drive it much so dont get them excited. I usually only drive it on the weekends, and than only if the weather is good, lol, you know, a fair weather street queen, lol.

Russ

·
1,252 Posts
Hi Chris,

I'm sorry but we had no idea you were having a problem.
When you get a chance can you pull your stategy and email it to us?

Thanks,
Vivian

P.S. Thank you CB

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No thats ok, unless you guys can read my mind I never notified you, LOL, I am not sure it is even a chip problem, I only noticed it when the chip is installed.
My stratagy hasnt changed from when I pulled it last time, I will look for the post I made about it, if I remember correctly it was KYN1....please forgive me I am new to the 6.0 and this type of programmer/chip. Maybe this is somewhat normal I dont know.
I had a 7.3 before and the basic handheld Superchips turner.

Russ

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It cant change unless you take it in for a reflash correct? If not than here is what it was the last time i pulled it, VCCF1TQCJ0

Chris

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vivian sent you an email last night.

Russ

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the tunes, however the truck will not start....Well does a strategy change? I dont understand....now it is VXCF1D6 TQCJ0DW....
God this is a pain in the back side.

Russ

·
963 Posts
Russ, The strategy shouldn't change unless the truck has been reflashed from Ford, or the SCT had a program for the wrong PCM code.

When the truck is stock, is the strategy still different then what you had recorded before?

Loki

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LokiWolf said:
Russ, The strategy shouldn't change unless the truck has been reflashed from Ford, or the SCT had a program for the wrong PCM code.

When the truck is stock, is the strategy still different then what you had recorded before?

Loki

Yes the strat is different than the first time I pulled it. I have never had the truck back to the dealer. When I put the new tune in, turn the key and nothing. I read the strat and got VXCF1F3 TQCJ0FW (New tune in), after I pull the tune out and read it again I have VXCF1D6 TQCJ0DW. However the first time I pulled it it was VCCF1 TQCJ0 Now what I dont understand is why is there more digits than before?:shrug:

Russ

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CBSuperduty said:
Russ, sounds like you have the wrong tune. Let me get ahold of Domingo or Vivian. Sorry for the inconvenience.

CB Vivian is aware of my problem, I was just responding to Loki. She said she would get back to me this afternoon.

Russ

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
OK. Just want to make sure you didn't think you were being left alone or hung out to dry. I know that this can be a PITA sometimes but when you get everything working correctly it will be worth it.:Thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts