The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dominated one saturday night....and i thought SURELY he musta had some sort of tuner because he was in the turn lane and decided to go straight just to race/toy with me.... next stop light was red so we were slowed down going about 15 or so and light turned green so he floors it and pulls up to about 1/2 lengh on me till i get in it and after my turbo lit he didnt stand a chance and i started pullin on him pretty good! also i didnt notice much if any smoke from his tailpipe....but i figured surely he had somethin done to go out of his way to run me seeing i had SEE YA stickers on the back, etc....

also wore out a 24V about 5 mins after that but this was my first 6.4L encounter so its more important ....haha

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
6L strokin said:
i dominated one saturday night....and i thought SURELY he musta had some sort of tuner because he was in the turn lane and decided to go straight just to race/toy with me.... next stop light was red so we were slowed down going about 15 or so and light turned green so he floors it and pulls up to about 1/2 lengh on me till i get in it and after my turbo lit he didnt stand a chance and i started pullin on him pretty good! also i didnt notice much if any smoke from his tailpipe....but i figured surely he had somethin done to go out of his way to run me seeing i had SEE YA stickers on the back, etc....

also wore out a 24V about 5 mins after that but this was my first 6.4L encounter so its more important ....haha
Good kills x 2! My buddy has a 6.4 with an edge on it and it doesn't smoke much more than it did bone stock.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! ...so it is quite possible he was tune then...? man, im glad i got a 6.0 cuz i blew his doors off enough to where he wouldnt play anymore! i was gonna kick on same pane the next time to REALLY show him what was up! LOL

·
2,035 Posts
I have seen both sides of the picture. I ran a guy with a 6.4 on bully dog (I think) a while back and he smoked bad. I ran all over him though. I ran another one on a Superchips and it didn't hardly smoke at all. It gave a little puff right on take off and then didn't smoke any more after that.

·
2,035 Posts
I should note that the truck that was smoking bad had the particulate filter removed and straight exhaust. I think his smoked just as bad as mine...maybe worse.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well this seemed like stock exhaust, couldnt even hear it really, just saw him moving at a more rapid rate! LOL...but how could i hear it over my truck anyways! haha. and i think he may have done the little puff and cleaned up...

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
good kills!

·
2,035 Posts
brentos said:
I heard from a respectable source that they are getting 430-40 horse out of the 6.4 with an sct and removed dpf.
Ya, well you know how those dyno's go...seems like everyone is doctoring up dyno numbers...who knows what's for real anymore?

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well...its nothing like going from a 7.3 to a 6.0, thats for sure!!!

·
2,035 Posts
No it's not. I wish I had my ole 7.3 though...I'd have tons of stuff on it. Then again I wish I still had that ole 12v cummins I had too...man, if I would have known then what I know now...LOL

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
the 6.4 doesnt blow smoke stock... there is one truck that i know of that blows smoke stock and ford cant figure out the problem and either can we.. and its not like a puff.. its a stream of smoke for about 60 feet... i have a video of it.. im not home with my camera... so when i get home.. ill make a post in the 6.4 section showin you guys.. its pretty weird

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
6L strokin said:
well...its nothing like going from a 7.3 to a 6.0, thats for sure!!!
7.3 to a 6.0 to a cummins conversation is better LOL LOL LOL

·
2,035 Posts
5.0sabbath5.9 said:
7.3 to a 6.0 to a cummins conversation is better LOL LOL LOL
My story is 7.3 to cummins back to 7.3 to 6.0. Satisfied with the outcome thusfar. LOL

·
172 Posts
brentos said:
I heard from a respectable source that they are getting 430-40 horse out of the 6.4 with an sct and removed dpf.
i coulda sworn that number was 450 with DPF still in tact but my mind could have been in the guter

·
164 Posts

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
HD_F250 said:
My story is 7.3 to cummins back to 7.3 to 6.0. Satisfied with the outcome thusfar. LOL
yeah i got :eek:wned on that one LOL

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
the video of the 6.4 smokin is up.. its in the 6.4 section and i think i named it stock truck blowing smoke (black)

·
172 Posts
brentos said:
Well you can call davis or matt The people that actually do this stuff not just read about it so its up to you!
ha someone is a little edgy..i talked to davis about it when he showed me the injectors that were going in it

ps. not that you actually "do this stuff" either

1 - 20 of 49 Posts