The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 02 f250 7.3 psd is stock... can I run a dp without gauges???? deciding between dp and ege evolution with the display for the temp and stuff.... and do I need to do anything to the tranny???? not going extreme just FUN and towing.......

BM..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Gauges !!!!

always use gauges they will save you expensive repairs in long run they are important as oil and temp gauges

·
0 Posts
Personally...you should always get gauges before upping the power. It provides a good baseline for you so you can see just how much your EGT's climb.

Before I added my first tuner...I threw in my gauges. I was surprised to see that when towing the camper, I would hit 1150 degrees towing up a hill. Again...that was stock.

If you aren't going to get a new turbo or sticks...I would then just get an EGT gauge and tranny temp gauge. Those will give you the best bang for the buck.

·
0 Posts
ive had my dp for a couple months with no gauges but ill be guetting some asap

·
Registered
16 Posts
I installed my Dp tuner last summer and I just installed gauges this weekend. It was pretty eye opening to see what happened to the EGTs with the different tunes. I got my Isspro gauges from Diesel Manor and I have nothing bad to say about them. The shipping was fast, the instructions were top notch and everything I needed was included.
My Dp tuner has stock, High idle, 40tow, 80tow, 80econo, and 100performance.

·
Registered
93 Posts
got my gauges from GOS.Performance you can reach him here on the vendors forum. Got a good deal

·
205 Posts
Most definetly need gauges IMO! I have the Edge Evo and as soon as I can sale it and be able to afford some gauges I'm going with a DP. The more I read about them the more it makes me think my edge is not living up to par with everything else thats out there. I just wished I had found these forums or heard of them before I spent my money on the Edge. Dont get me wrong, for a begining programmer its not bad! I dont think the tow tune is much in it though(Might do better with a auto, didnt see much difference with my 6speed). I did get a heck of a deal on it. So I dont think i went wrong! Not trying to persuade anybody! Just giving my opinion on it

·
Registered
151 Posts
:whs

·
463 Posts
the DP tunes are way better thant eh EDGE evolutions.. I had the best of both worlds i have the DP tuned in my EVO 2. wanted to go to gauges so i sold it.. i went with the same tuned just now have the gauges.. personally i liked the digital display better. if the edge insight was avaialbe for teh 7.3 i would have gone that route instead of gauges..

·
833 Posts
If the mod is DP as in downpipe or tuner chip then the DP is definitely the first choice. If it's a DPtuner chip then yes you need gauges.

You don't need gauges until you go and add power. They are nice to have before you add power so you know how things are intended to operate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts