The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I be Architect'n
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've pulled lots of trailers but never been able to shop for one but I'd like to find a 12' dual axle that is over the wheel. I haven't seen any for sale so I assume this would be custom?

I just really need a 12', maybe 14', dual axle that I can load with a fork lift at around 6k#'s max. So over-the-wheel is not too terribly important.

My budget is around $1200. Does such a thing exist or am I relegated to single axles with a lower rating? Thanks

·
1,224 Posts
12 foot is pretty short. Big Tex trailers make some 14 footers, PJ Trailers (I have a 28 ft 22,500gvw) shortest, is 16 ft. Just have to search thge web.

·
2,126 Posts
So can you have fenders or no? I think the closest you're going to get is a 16' tandem thats setup for car hauling with a GVW of 7K, 1200 might be doable for a 16' car hauler.

·
Ol Dirt Contractor
2,803 Posts
Some guy was running around here with a piggyback forklift on the rear of a F550 dually loaded like they do on the back of semi trailers. I don't know if it was a home made setup or manufactured to go on a dually.

·
gone fishin!
2,833 Posts
i have seen a anderson that was 14-16 that was a deck over gooseneck

·
Gear jammin fool
869 Posts
I had a few "Econo Trailers" back in early 90's I could get a 15' open deck for about $1200. Full deck was another $100 if I recall. I'm sure they've gone up in price in the last 10 yrs. You won't get much "new" for that kind of money. Best to find someone with a used one(that isn't rusted death). Most will only have 3k axles, which once you include the trailer weight, you won't carry 6K lbs too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts