The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never done it yall but there are a few local events Im considering this summer....any and all advice is appreciated....
jschall

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
usually you just need to have a BIG hitch for them to hook up to. Usually something w/ a 2-3" whole in it.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks yall,
serious if it has four legs, poops and eats Ive hauled it behind a truck but never a sled....and I want to come play with yall....
j.schall

·
Registered
80 Posts

If you need to know where to get the channel and ring let me know I'll get you link to it.
Thats 2" solid bar stock.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thankyou slowdiesel...looks like you could halter break a mule when you wern't hooked to a sled....dang stout...your sig say's ATS is that the one in the pic....I have there link if it is...Thankyou again...
jeff

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you diesel guy...
My wife got her Excursion in that color combo and I liked it so much I went with it when old green was put out to pasture....really the barn...
j.schall

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you slow diesel.....
jeff

·
925 Posts
Usually a 3" Dia. opening is the minimum allowed and the closer to the back of the truck the better. There is usually a allowed minimum distance from the center of the rear axle to the hook point, sometimes the hook point needs to be the furthest point on the vehicle.

Good luck J, once you hook you will be hooked.

·
Destroked
1,658 Posts
Here is my hitch...its not high enough but Im gonna work on it this week to raise it.....

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
I got that eye hook, but I need the channel peice with the holes, anyone got on? or Know where it can be had?

·
Registered
80 Posts

·
41 Posts
Do you guys think a 16,000# pintle hook is strong enough for some beginner sled pulling?

·
Diesel Fume Inhaler
173 Posts
This is a pic of mine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts