The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the "Diesel Power" magazines, according to the article last month on the big black RBP truck, they claim 400hp to the ground. I don't know if that is true. In the newest issue, the little red shortbed truck they say it has 474RWHP. It has an intake, exhaust and a programmer. I have to admit I haven't seen many 6.0's on the dyno so I don't know if these #'s are valid, I know in another post on here a guy is saying 504? with NOS on the 6.0. I sent an e-mail to the editor of diesel power magazine, but he hasn't responded. I was asking if they have any real proof of these #', for instance, dyno sheets. What do yall think?

·
619 Posts
I don't think the numbers they use are real.

The Red Truck is not RBP's it is setting outside my house right now.

It belongs to Brian C of the Southern California Powerstrokes and I am the one who shortened it for him.

We just had it on the dyno at 434 RWHP with the SCT tune from John Woods

It ran a 13.30 @ 100 mph

GENE

·
Registered
613 Posts
I'm pretty sure 400+ is easy on the 6.0. Shoot with just 110HP edge box the 03 my wife had put down 383HP runnin 35" tires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Weweld, I knew it was your truck. I met you out at Palmdale last time out. So how does RBP get away with calling it their own truck? You'll get a real kick out of the article, the third sentence of the article states RBP is the owner of the truck. Also it states that RBP did the coating on the turbo and intercooler. Where did they get the 474 ??

·
619 Posts

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Thats pretty sick X :) if ur ever in the North East, come up to lebanon Valley.....id like to see your rig in action;)
Dom

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
i know my brother made 423 with exhuast intake and SCT with tads insanity file. With his nitrous and a .058 (i think) jet of nitrous he made 544. I do have proof lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts