The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok just throwing the question out there.. Do you think the 6.7 will ever be able to hold as much power as the other cummins motors??? 12v, 24v, 5.9l common rail..

i personally dont think it will

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Why don't you think it will? Just curious.

I thought you were getting a new one? Did you get it yet?

·
643 Posts
:hehe funny...sure will, same block but a big bore....the 6.7 is a sleeping monster and all moving internal parts are bigger and stronger! ....That`s so funny!!! It will stand as much power as the other but will deliver a lot more! That`s simple PHYSICS !!! Did you get your new truck yet????

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sabbath5.9 said:
ok just throwing the question out there.. Do you think the 6.7 will ever be able to hold as much power as the other cummins motors??? 12v, 24v, 5.9l common rail..

basically the same engine as 5.9 just bigger bore . more cubic inches = more power . when the emmisions crap is figured out by the mod people , there's no telling what will come out of the 6.7's .:sly: and like they said where's your new one ?

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
cocotte said:
:hehe funny...sure will, same block but a big bore....the 6.7 is a sleeping monster and all moving internal parts are bigger and stronger! ....That`s so funny!!! It will stand as much power as the other but will deliver a lot more! That`s simple PHYSICS !!! Did you get your new truck yet????
Well said. The 6.7 has more displacement wich translates to a better base for building power.

·
61 Posts
Sabbath5.9 said:

I just left the dyno with my 6.7 she made [email protected] and 1875tq at 1500rpm and still gets 20mpg

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wait 1125hp??? i gotta see this.. i believe you.. i just gotta see it.

ok why i dont think the 6.7 will hold as much power.. when the motor's first came out.. around 700hp they were throwing rods left and right..

did i get a truck yet.. no not yet.. i'm debating still because i'm waiting for all these problems to be solved with the 6.7 and if they dont.. 5.9 time..

icon2u you got a video?

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
theicon2u said:
I just left the dyno with my 6.7 she made [email protected] and 1875tq at 1500rpm and still gets 20mpg

:hehe :hehe I don't like doing this but I am gonna have to call B.S. on that one there is no way with what is done in your sig you have that much HP or TQ.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sabbath5.9 said:
wait 1125hp??? i gotta see this.. i believe you.. i just gotta see it.

ok why i dont think the 6.7 will hold as much power.. when the motor's first came out.. around 700hp they were throwing rods left and right..

did i get a truck yet.. no not yet.. i'm debating still because i'm waiting for all these problems to be solved with the 6.7 and if they dont.. 5.9 time..

icon2u you got a video?
More bad comes from indesicion than wrong decision. I believe that the rod story was pertaining to a particular truck. i have not heard of any other rod failures.

I would also like to see the dyno sheet. What other mods do you have to get those NUMBERS..

·
61 Posts
Derekj said:
More bad comes from indesicion than wrong decision. I believe that the rod story was pertaining to a particular truck. i have not heard of any other rod failures.

I would also like to see the dyno sheet. What other mods do you have to get those NUMBERS..

Wow lots of jealous Ford guys in the 6.7 forums!!:nunu:

·
643 Posts
theicon2u said:

Don`t worry let them throw 1 1/2 foot flames with those.........flame throwers LOL

·
Registered
290 Posts
theicon2u said:
Yeah friend, I'm going to call B.S. as well unless you give us a list of what is done. That should make 500hp at the rear wheels tops with the mods in the sig.

Unless I see a list with like dual CP3's, twins, big sticks, custom tuning, tranny upgrades, ect....I wont believe it.

It can be done, but not with those mods.

·