The Diesel Garage banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
345 Posts
FordRacing200 said:
stop telling stories, you don't make any 1100hp, thats hilarious. You'd have to replace that tranny so fast your head would spin, I've seen tougher transmissons behind 12hp briggs and stratton motors. :hehe
This coming from a guy with a E4OD. I had a 302 that tore up an E4OD at less than 100K. The 4R100 was no better. Had 4 of those behind the 7.3 and every one crapped out around 150k. Its that whole rock and glass house thing.:nunu:

·
Registered
80 Posts
theicon2u said:
Wow lots of jealous Ford guys in the 6.7 forums!!:nunu:
I could care less which diesel you drive, I like 'em all. But you can't come to a forum like this and expect anyone to believe your claims. Its good that you like your Cummins, but to claim 1125 hp is just plain bull$#it. Was there several trucks on the dyno at once, perhaps? You have a nice modern driveable truck that just happens to put as much power to the wheels as a small locomotive? 600 at the wheels is not easy or cheap. And a stock trans isn't going to like a steady diet of 600 hp no matter who made it. Nice looking truck, though. Happy motoring!

·
61 Posts
Sabbath5.9 said:
wait 1125hp??? i gotta see this.. i believe you.. i just gotta see it.

ok why i dont think the 6.7 will hold as much power.. when the motor's first came out.. around 700hp they were throwing rods left and right..

did i get a truck yet.. no not yet.. i'm debating still because i'm waiting for all these problems to be solved with the 6.7 and if they dont.. 5.9 time..

icon2u you got a video?
Just trying to stop the bad rumers with a funny one. Just buy a truck already. You can buy mine its set up already!! :hehe Man did I get those Ford guys mad!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
theicon2u said:
Just trying to stop the bad rumers with a funny one. Just buy a truck already. You can buy mine its set up already!! :hehe Man did I get those Ford guys mad!!
Let's get a few straight.... I have a 6.7 dually 4x4 with the following. 5" tbe dpf delete, edge juice with attitude unlocked stacked with a mp8 ,s&b cold air and shimmed rail. So I believe I am qualified to call BS on your statement. My first part of my last comment was ment for the original poster and I was thinking you have since added to you setup to get those numbers. Guess you answered that. Most people come here to learn and share their experience as well as maintain a level of honesty as it could affect the receipient who may heed your advise. People like you run your mouth without responsibility or care then try turn it into "Ya, sure made them ford guys upset.....", when you get caught with your pants down. Man up and admit you ran your mouth for nought.

Sabbath 5.9, take your time and ask the questions that you need answers to in order to make your decision. If you want to learn, ask. if you want to start a hornets nest, make an uninformed statement.

·
61 Posts
Derekj said:
Let's get a few straight.... I have a 6.7 dually 4x4 with the following. 5" tbe dpf delete, edge juice with attitude unlocked stacked with a mp8 ,s&b cold air and shimmed rail. So I believe I am qualified to call BS on your statement. My first part of my last comment was ment for the original poster and I was thinking you have since added to you setup to get those numbers. Guess you answered that. Most people come here to learn and share their experience as well as maintain a level of honesty as it could affect the receipient who may heed your advise. People like you run your mouth without responsibility or care then try turn it into "Ya, sure made them ford guys upset.....", when you get caught with your pants down. Man up and admit you ran your mouth for nought.

Sabbath 5.9, take your time and ask the questions that you need answers to in order to make your decision. If you want to learn, ask. if you want to start a hornets nest, make an uninformed statement.

Right my pants down...Oh did I tell you I can fly just like superman. Dont get bent out of shape.

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Derekj said:
wait.. take my time for what?? and im not starting a hornets nest.. i know everything i need to know..and i know 1125 isn't possible yet on a 6.7. and with the mod list icon has.. theres nothing there that will even get close to 1125..

icon your a good man.. we've talked in alot of threads before.. but this one im done with..

next thread..

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
derek.. who are you anyway??

·
345 Posts
Derekj said:

Easy. His comment was no more rediculous than Sabath's ability to buy a NEW truck. I would say the numbers he claimed were exagerated for the sake of emphasis. I thought that was obvious. His posts are much more informed than Sabbath and are much more valuable to me that what mommy is going to buy next.

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
ok first off.. i asked a simple question from the beginning didnt i?? ok so point one proven.. two.. not my fault icon has to lie about having 1125 hp.. three.. WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE FOR SAYING I CANT AFFORD SOMETHING.. MOM DOESNT BUY ME CHIT BESIDES FOOD AND CLOTHS... I BUY EVERYTHING I NEED MYSELF.. MY TRUCK.. I PUT EVERY DOLLAR INTO IT SO IT CAN BE WHAT I WANTED.. I GOT IT..

dont ****ing tell me what i can afford and what i cant afford

i'm done with this thread.. dick

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
if i wanted a 6.7 that bad.. i'd be driving it.. but no im not... you know why. because im debating about emissions bullchit and to see what the motor will hold up to.. thats why i made this post.. TO SEE WHAT EVERYONE THINKS ABOUT THE MOTOR BEGIN ABLE TO HOLD AS MUCH POWER AS A 12V, 24V, AND A COMMON RAIL..

NOT FOR JERKOFF'S LIKE YOU TO SAY I CANT AFFORD CHIT AND MY MOM BUYS ME EVERYTHING

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sabbath5.9 said:
if i wanted a 6.7 that bad.. i'd be driving it.. but no im not... you know why. because im debating about emissions bullchit and to see what the motor will hold up to.. thats why i made this post.. TO SEE WHAT EVERYONE THINKS ABOUT THE MOTOR BEGIN ABLE TO HOLD AS MUCH POWER AS A 12V, 24V, AND A COMMON RAIL..

NOT FOR JERKOFF'S LIKE YOU TO SAY I CANT AFFORD CHIT AND MY MOM BUYS ME EVERYTHING
Well, a few posts back you did type that mom still buys your food and clothes, your only giving these guys ammo by mentioning that. Go get that Cummins. Show 'em your not some pimple faced kid who hasn't felt a firm *** under a fuzzy sweater. There's nothing wrong with an older truck to start with. Those 12v's were powerful and sounded fantastic. Or go for the 6.7, but alot more $ out of the gate. The OBS Dodge w/5.9 and a hand-shaker gets mucho respect and not many left. Good starting point. Good luck, whatever you decide on.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sabbath 5.9 You made a statement regarding the 6.7 not being capable of holding as much power as the 5.9. That's where the start of the hornests nest came from as you based your opinion from ignorance. If you know what you need to know....then why ask ???. Don't insult your integrity by asking who I am. I am a regular guy with kids your age and a dodge fanatic that has owned 5 dodge diesels who pays for my own food ,house ,clothing etc and keeps my family happy. I come to these forums to share knowledge and experiences and hopefully to take away some pointers not to read BS.
I hope this enlightens you as to who I am.
Aggie00 I may be wrong, but if you are a member from the "other forum" I post under the same handle and you can learn more about me, as I don't attack anyone unless attacked. Look at my first post in this thread and all was good until I was singled out as a FORD guy being jealous.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sabbath5.9 said:
ok first off.. i asked a simple question from the beginning didnt i?? ok so point one proven.. two.. not my fault icon has to lie about having 1125 hp.. three.. WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE FOR SAYING I CANT AFFORD SOMETHING.. MOM DOESNT BUY ME CHIT BESIDES FOOD AND CLOTHS... I BUY EVERYTHING I NEED MYSELF.. MY TRUCK.. I PUT EVERY DOLLAR INTO IT SO IT CAN BE WHAT I WANTED.. I GOT IT..

dont ****ing tell me what i can afford and what i cant afford

i'm done with this thread.. dick
not to contribute to the arguement or stir it up more or to make you look bad sabbath , but , when you made your first posts about getting a ctd , you did say mom was going to buy it for you . sounds like this thread is going nowhere else except a bunch of arguing .

·
61 Posts
Derekj said:
Sabbath 5.9 You made a statement regarding the 6.7 not being capable of holding as much power as the 5.9. That's where the start of the hornests nest came from as you based your opinion from ignorance. If you know what you need to know....then why ask ???. Don't insult your integrity by asking who I am. I am a regular guy with kids your age and a dodge fanatic that has owned 5 dodge diesels who pays for my own food ,house ,clothing etc and keeps my family happy. I come to these forums to share knowledge and experiences and hopefully to take away some pointers not to read BS.
I hope this enlightens you as to who I am.
Aggie00 I may be wrong, but if you are a member from the "other forum" I post under the same handle and you can learn more about me, as I don't attack anyone unless attacked. Look at my first post in this thread and all was good until I was singled out as a FORD guy being jealous.
Never said you where a FORD guy I wasnt even talking about you or to you. I see you on the other forum so I do know about you.

·
Registered
54 Posts
theicon2u said:
Never said you where a FORD guy I wasnt even talking about you or to you. I see you on the other forum so I do know about you.
Page 2 on this post.You highlighted my response and made your comment. I dunno why then????

If you made up your hp and tq #'s to make a sarcastic point. I apologise for taking it the wrong, as it looked too real and I genuinely thought you could have done something else to your truck.

All's Good .

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
I can't beleive this thread is still going.:hehe

I wait I drive a FORD I can't post here :damnit

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
ok ill just clear this all up right now because this thread is still pissing me off.. ok im buying a truck.. 04.5 - 08 ok? my mom says i should buy an 08 since im going to use MY money to buy it. I told her no because i dont like the 6.7 motors. She said ok well just wait a little bit then so you can see what happens with it. and if you still dont like it, buy an 04.5-07 5.9l.. thats why im waiting to see whats going on with 6.7.. Yes my mom still buys me chit.. Food ( cause i live at home still ) and cloths ( because i pick out what i want and she goes and gets it ) Next thing. Icon and Derek.. Sorry for starting you to.. you both are cool dudes and i didnt explain myself fully thats why im typing this.. Next.. Aggie00 i dont know who the hell you think you are for thinking i cant afford a new truck, but i dont like it.. i dont go around saying oh you cant afford this or that. no.. you dont know why im waiting.. well now you do.. because i still think.. the 6.7 motor is not as good as the other motors.. thats my opioion.. you can listen or not listen.. i dont care what you do. if you think it is better.. ok thats cool.. your opioin not mind so i gotta accept it..

Jeff

21 - 40 of 47 Posts