The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
TDG Singles Club Mem #57
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i heard that dodge has already signed a deal with CAT to put there diesel motors into dodge. And ford is going to put the cummins into there trucks. yeah i know ford owns cummins. I think he said that this will happen in a year or two. antbody else heard this:sofa

G

·
I have not heard that, I do now that Dodge and Cummins has a contract thru 2010. I just can't see it happening, Cat has nothing to offer right now IMO over the 6.7 to make Dodge jump ship.

·
TDG Singles Club Mem #57
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah..... thats just what i heard.. or he is blown me chit

·
Tebow-in'...
1,243 Posts
that rumor has been floatin' in the BS bowl for years. bottom line:

1. ford does not own cummins
2. Cat wants no part of light duty diesel pickups.

:deadhorse

·
TDG Singles Club Mem #57
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think he is right. i found it some where that said "cummins owns cummins", and it also said" that is was just a rumor that has floating around". If this is True

G

·
Here is a link to Cummins website to answer the question.

Click Here

Cummins in the past only publically traded 10% of it's company on the stock market. At one time Ford owned 51% or controlling interest of the publically traded stock. So people started the rumor that Ford owned Cummins. It has been at least 5 years ago that the Ford Corp. sold all Cummins stock and no longer has any financial interest in Cummins Inc.

·
TDG Singles Club Mem #57
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep.

·
3,514 Posts
I know a lot of guys that work for CAT, and I've been asking when they were going to jump on putting their engine in a pick up. And the fact is, that they don't really have a small enough engine to go into a pick up. Plus CAT engines are way too expensive. We looked into using one to build a puller, but the cost, and size were a couple of major obstacles.
Sean

1 - 9 of 9 Posts