The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Senior Member, on a stick
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the truck just got reflashed from VXCF43N and TQCI0AN to VXCF9N4 and TQCI1NA. Does this mean I need new tunes for my XCal 3? I would assume it does, but I want to make sure. I'm running it stock for now as the shop that worked on it (not the dealer) recommended leaving it stock to see if my lack of towing performance is improved. I'd like to be able to run it tuned again once the problems are sorted out.

·
Semper Fi
237 Posts
So the truck just got reflashed from VXCF43N and TQCI0AN to VXCF9N4 and TQCI1NA. Does this mean I need new tunes for my XCal 3? I would assume it does, but I want to make sure. I'm running it stock for now as the shop that worked on it (not the dealer) recommended leaving it stock to see if my lack of towing performance is improved. I'd like to be able to run it tuned again once the problems are sorted out.
are you talking about the FICM?? if so thats the same question I have. I just bought a new FICM and am going to have swamp flash it, i was wondering if I can still have it tuned or leave it stock ?

·
52 Posts
boggerman....Yes you will need new custom tunes written for your new strategy....
stroke32....Your new FICM flash will not affect your current custom tunes, as those tune files are for your ECM and TCM, the FICM can be flashed independently.

Reactions: boggerman
1 - 3 of 3 Posts