The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bodyman
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running the sct 1.32 performance tune and am sick and tired of turbo lag and black smoke off the line!! :thumbdown I dont need a 6000 horsepower 1200 dollar spartan (although it sounds tempting..) anybody have any ideas?

·
773 Posts
If you already have the SCT, you could call Innovative or RCD and get a custom tune.

·
Bodyman
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have called Innovative 15+ times and left a message nobody ever answers. Tried to go thru Rudy he said go back to Innovative

·
39 Posts
I have called Innovative 15+ times and left a message nobody ever answers. Tried to go thru Rudy he said go back to Innovative
Talk to Brad @ River City Diesel. They will answer the phone. If they dont, just call back because they are on the line. I have never had to call more than a few times to get in touch with them. :thumbsup

·
Bodyman
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I had a 94 7.3, an 02 7.3, an 04 6.0, and an 06 6.0, it was the most responsive

·
543 Posts
I tend to agree.
While my 7.3L wasn't anything to write home about, it did run well with the old superchips hot chip. My very early 6.0L was a very good engine right off the bat. I ran a Quadzilla 160 in that truck and the engine performed very well. Sounded good, ran great, but shifted like horse *****.
I found my stock 6.4L to be the absolute worst responding motor on them all, and it's a LONG way to second place. I don't know if I could live with a stock 6.4L. I think I would perfer to go back to gasoline if it weren't for the tunes now available.
The only time it started to run was with the SCT 1.22 R&D.
Now, the Spartan 310 has made this the best of the best, and like I said before, It's a long way to second place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts