The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
a work in progress.......
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i am 18 and i just got my first 24 valve and i am getting ready to sell my 12 valve and i need help the 24 valve i bought has 270000 mi on it and theres oil dripin from it not a ton but it is still dripin so the question at hand is what should i do with the truck i will have about 9 grand to spend on it and i need a tranny with that money but how strong do i need it what kind of tq should i get do i need a flex plate i would like somthing that could support me up to about maybe a little over 1000ft lb of torque

next would be since the motor has the wear that it does on it should i consider pullin the motor and having it ported and polished and all redone because i would like somthing reliable more so than power but both would be even better this is the part i really need help on because i can deal with the tranny but the motor scares me cuz i dont wanna screw sumtin up cuz thats not cheep so could all of you guys that know stuff give me a hand it would be awsome THANKS ALOT

·
Boost Junkie
318 Posts
Where is the oil dripping from? If it's the rear main seal then you can replace that when the tranny is out.

Call goerend transmissions or HTS and speak with one of them about transmissions. They can set you up for whatever power needs you have.

·
a work in progress.......
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its up front like maybe the oil pan or the front timing belt cover

·
Boost Junkie
318 Posts
The oil pan i don't think is that bad of a Job either. There is a breather hose that can blow oil on the front of the engine. You can relocate it. It could be what your seeing.

·
3,514 Posts
It could very well be the seal at your vacuum pump/ powersteering pump. Those are notoriously bad on these things, and come from the back of the timing case.
Sean

·
Registered
550 Posts
91rangerturbo said:
Call goerend transmissions .
thats the guy to buy torque converters from. and why would you go from a 12v to a 24v i would swap heads on the 2 trucks and keep the new p-pump 24v. granted you need new injector lines but who care about that. just my 2cents:Thumbup:

·
1,189 Posts
sstockton said:
It could very well be the seal at your vacuum pump/ powersteering pump. Those are notoriously bad on these things, and come from the back of the timing case.
Sean
this was exactly the problem when my dad bought my truck. took the shop 2 tries to seal it right but thats what it was.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts