The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BCJAG72
139 Posts
only if they know about it. always put your truck back to stock before taking it to the dealer. This is for your protection and theirs if a rep comes in.

·
10 Posts
if i delete dpf and leave the cat does it viod my warranty
In a word yes. If you have a major failure, and there have been a few, and anyone knows you have or have had a delete they will void you warranty. Period. Dealer has nothing to say about it because ford will send a rep everytime. You might get a way with it if you put it back stock every time you take it to the dealer for anything.

·
499 Posts
they can not just say you have a dpf delete tuner and void your warranty, they have to prove that the tuner caused the failure, so if you take you truck in because your paint is peeling they can not say you have a tuner no warranty, because your tuner had nothing to do with your paint.

·
606 Posts
One way I heard of a dealer not covering a engine warranty is claiming the truck was no longer in compliance with the EPA regs and did not have to work on it. If that is not true it was a good bluff. They didn't work on it.

·
10 Posts
they can not just say you have a dpf delete tuner and void your warranty, they have to prove that the tuner caused the failure, so if you take you truck in because your paint is peeling they can not say you have a tuner no warranty, because your tuner had nothing to do with your paint.
Your right, paint warranty is still good. Engine warranty is not. I saw ford deny an engine repair because he had a cai on it. The problem was coolant in the #2 cylinder. You and I both know that had no bearing on the failure but Ford still did not warranty it. Get a lawyer. Ford has lawyers on staff to handle things like this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts