The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I be Architect'n
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've just developed a slow lock on the driver rear door and a no lock condition on the driver door and rear hatch. All actuators unlock just fine.

I did the normal tin-foil trick on all three of these lock actuators and I'm still experiencing the same issues.

I pulled a quick voltage across the connector at the drivers door on unlock and got around 8 volts and minimal readings on lock.

What's my next step? Thanks.

·
528 Posts
Go ahead and replace them. My Excursion started doing the same thing to me. Ended up replacing all 5 actuators. I googled door actuator and found them for like $50 a piece.

·
I be Architect'n
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've taken them out and rebuilt them per the Tech article and I'm still getting the issue. Can I still be getting this issue even after R&R'ing them?

·
528 Posts
When mine was acting up I pulled one out and put a 9v battery on it. It seemed to work just fine. I was stumped and said screw it and bought one new one to test my theory. Sure enough it was bad. It appeared to work out of the truck I just don't think there is enough power in the motor to set the actuator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts