The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
03 f350 xl 7.3 2wd x-tend
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well in my 1993 F-350 I have the electric windows up front and crank windows in back, but my problem is on the passenger side front window when I roll it down it works fine but when I try to put it back up it just kinda bounces and won't go up without help. Doesn't sound like grinding just sounds like the motor isn't strong enough anymore. Are these known for that or does someone have any other pointers, thanks.

·
155 Posts
i had the same problem with my 92 f250 the three plastic plugs inside the gear housing were worn out.picked up a set at advanced auto parts they are a dorman part number 74410 window regulator gear plugs .i think there about 8 bucks for the set.jst pull out the motor three screws hold on the tin cover push in the plugs i added some white grease and reistalled.been in for three yeas ok so far Bob

·
03 f350 xl 7.3 2wd x-tend
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had the same problem with my 92 f250 the three plastic plugs inside the gear housing were worn out.picked up a set at advanced auto parts they are a dorman part number 74410 window regulator gear plugs .i think there about 8 bucks for the set.jst pull out the motor three screws hold on the tin cover push in the plugs i added some white grease and reistalled.been in for three yeas ok so far Bob
Thanks for the tip. Ill give it a try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts