The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a double disc clutch in my 6 spd 2000 7.3 and it has bout 15,000 miles on it. Besides making alot of noise, it seems too need an adjustment. Is there a way to adjust clutch to give me more pad

·
2,509 Posts
what brand is it:shrug:

do you have a lot of freetravel, or is it slipping
why do you think it needs adjustiing:shrug:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
clutch

this is alot more free travel than it used to, plus every once in a while when i depress clutch and put in 2nd gear(only) the tranny seems to still be spinning(Very close to stop but one or 2 spins untill it goes in gear smooth) never used to

·
Registered
713 Posts
whos clutch is it? diphram or lever type pressure plate etc?

·
IS FREE!!!!!
1,143 Posts
u can not adjust a dual disc clutch, but u can have them reconditioned though.

·
Registered
713 Posts
6Lcummins said:
u can not adjust a dual disc clutch, but u can have them reconditioned though.
some you can :)

·
IS FREE!!!!!
1,143 Posts
House said:
some you can :)

well i have rebuilt a SBC and it wasnt, ours arent either. our semis can be though

·
Hotsauce2138
496 Posts
jkdank- do you have a southbend dd clutch?

·
2,509 Posts
you may have some wore out bushings under the dash. or you master cylinder or slave cylinder could be wearing out.

I had to rebuild the linkage under the dash on my truck because it was doing the same thing you are describing. evidently the stiffer clutch is hard on those little plastic bushings:damnit

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
not sure about the sd but the obs trucks had a firewall stiffing plate that you could get from ford to stop the flex at the master cyl it was a nice unit but again not sure if they do that for the sd

·
Registered
713 Posts
sbc no ajustments, haisleys, kennys and some others you can adjust some

·
116 Posts
I had a goofy problem with the fork. That thing actually had cracks at stress points and bent. It was a gradual thing where it became harder to shift into gear. Your clutch fork could be bending. I found out from this forum that 99-00 trucks had a weak designed fork. I bought a new one and it was designed a bit differently.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts