The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I replace my down pipe on my 2011 diesel will I need a tuner or programmer? I have been looking at sims also. Are they ok to use?

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Yes you will need tuning or sims. did you leave the DPF if so why just changing the downpipe.

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going to remove one thing at a time. But I guess that is out. At almost 60 I wanted to do it is stages. I am going with DPF-R and keep the muffler.

·
589 Posts
Most diesel performance sites sell the down pipe and dpf replacement pipe as a set, I would think it would be cheaper to buy them like that and also save on the shipping. Rolling smoke diesel sell the sims for $55. Not sure what the downpipe/dpf delete pipe set runs. Plus it would be easier to install them at the same time , instead of one peice at a time. Good luck. I `m think you`ll still get a check engine light or something with the sims also, not 100% on that though! Plus once you delete the dpf you`ll want to delete thet egr/cooler at some point and you`ll need a tuner for that, so keep your eye out for a good price on a used one. i picked up a 3 month oild amarty j67 shipped to my hose for $300.

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the sims but I can not have codes or anything go wrong. I pull a fifth wheel in the fall and we pull 8000 to 10000 miles. The truck has plenty of power. I d not need a programer to boos HP. I want to keep it simple. Any help needed. Love my Dodge cant stand the emission system.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Just my .02s but i traded my 07 that was deleted because we do not know what will happen with enforcement. Im not gonna say i would never delete this one but we will have to see what plays out. All im saying is keep that in mind per H and S web site the fine is now 37,500 buck but im not sure how they came to that number, maybe how many kittens where born because you bought a tuner.

Sent from my IPhone 4s An AT&T not so 4G phone via Tapatalk.

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Today I purchased my delet combo. Smarty jr me, dpf delete pipe and a throttle valve delete. Now this is phase one!

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rollin Smoke Diesel was the best! My smarty would not work so they took it and put a download in it for me. All I can do is e-ail and truck forums I sink at computers.
Now I was thinking of adding a down pipe. If it is worth the effort? Any improvement? Will it sound better?

·
688 Posts
I like my system alot it is a 5 inch from turbo thru the muffler then it turns into 4 inch duals out the back, sounds and looks awesome.

·
53 Posts
Yes delete everything I went from 14 mpg to 21 mpg on computer in city towing and highway totally worth it now diesel is priced like gold. Whats the deal with fines I live in Louisiana and they dont even test emissions on diesels. By the way look into cold air intake also makes turbo whine. Its a diesel endless money pit ;)

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I noticed!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts