·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is with an F5 setup from dp.

Stock: 184 hp and 397 tq
80 Econo Tune: 248 hp and 584 tq
120 Race: 262 hp and 632 tq

Do these numbers seem right? Does DP rate the hp there chips provide at the wheels or flywheel only saw a 64 hp and 187 tq gain between stock and 80 econo, saw a 78 hp and 235 tq gain with the 120 race setting. My buddy with the 06 dodge had 424 hp and 880 tq. Not even close.

·
TDG Mafia Member #73
1,003 Posts
Those numbers look OK if a little on the low side. But dont forget you cant compare an 06 Cummins to your 02 PSD. Their common rail system flows way more fuel than a chipped 7.3 PSD could dream of.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stock the truck is rated aat 250 hp and 505 tq. Am i really losing that much between the flywheel and the wheels? A loss of 66 hp and 108 tq? That isn't even true stock, had exhaust straight piped and an intake. Maybe i shouldn't have gone with the dodge guy and i wouldn't feel so bad.

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
sounds like pretty much have the same set up i have. But compared to my numbers yours are low. Wonder why. Does altitude and air temp play a big roll in this type of stuff?:shrug:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sexytrkr said:
sounds like pretty much have the same set up i have. But compared to my numbers yours are low. Wonder why. Does altitude and air temp play a big roll in this type of stuff?:shrug:
Done at sea level and the dyno had the weather correction feature, those are the numbers posted. How did you do your dyno pulls? I was actually in the truck. All pulls started at 2000 rpm in 4th, around 70 mph. Is that too high?

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
yea, last time was my first time, so i'm no veteran. but i waited till it was in O/D and floored it. I think we're pretty close to sea level here also. if not at sea level, pretty close. I'm still not sure why theres a big differance in HP and torque. Maybe your chip has a flaw?:shrug:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts