The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok anybody have like a word for word instructions to install the F5 in a obs?

·
Registered
75 Posts
under "Ford- Modification instructions, Product installs, and Tech articles" page 7 "94-97 powerstroke chip install" might be what youre looking for.

·
270 Posts
I you already have the chip, you should have gotten step-by-step instructions that are great.
If not, then contact them and they will get it to you.

·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok ran into a problem i got everything but the bolts tht hold the boot on well i loosened them and it was just the nuts. and i pull the pcm and the bolts move too holding the pcm from coming out. any ideas?

·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i've done everything but the PCM will not come out

·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is there a way to push it out from behind the pcm?

·
TDG Rocks!
393 Posts
You can but would be impossible to clean the contacts. Remove the cover next to the e-brake. you can see the back of the PCM. Remove the little black plug with numbers on it. clean little part of the chip you can see. Only thing is you will F up everthing doin it this way. When i did mine the under shield had like 6 bolt in stead of the two it says. If you need to remove th whole thing.

·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the undersheild? for the e-brake or the fenderwell

·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok pcm will not come out so i tried cleaning it in and the one side is perfect but the other side tht u cant fit ur finger i cant get cleaned all the way. any suggestion? i used scotch brite on a screwdriver and everything and just wont work

·
TDG Rocks!
393 Posts
I used a small long handle flat edge and cleaned it. I ment remove the fenderwell. Look at it again if you put the chip on without cleaning the other side it will melt the PCM. I think there were more bolts than the wright up stated. Tomorrow i will dig out the Ford Service Manual. And see what it says.

·
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well it seems to run alright or better. it wouldnt work untill i cleaned it real good. the wait to start light wouldnt come. kept cleaning and now it works perfect

1 - 12 of 12 Posts