The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a DP tuned 2001 7.3 and i noticed the other day that my max boost is only about 22-24. I am pretty sure that when i first put the chip (2 yrs ago) in i was getting at least 28 or so. But, a couple months ago the ford dealer replaced the turbo pedestal, one injector, and a few other things and i haven't really got on it much till the other day when i noticed this. Is this normal, or should i be checking into something.

Also, lately my lock-up has started kicking in and out when under light throttle, mainly on the 80 econ setting. I believe it is probably from my tuner being set for 3.73's and i have since changed to 4.56's. But i intially didn't have the problem, and it has since became more regular. It doesn't seem to do it when set to the stock postion, and less when on the 100hp and up settings.

Thanks for you time and i look forward to any information.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I have a DP tuned 2001 7.3 and i noticed the other day that my max boost is only about 22-24. I am pretty sure that when i first put the chip (2 yrs ago) in i was getting at least 28 or so. But, a couple months ago the ford dealer replaced the turbo pedestal, one injector, and a few other things and i haven't really got on it much till the other day when i noticed this. Is this normal, or should i be checking into something.

Also, lately my lock-up has started kicking in and out when under light throttle, mainly on the 80 econ setting. I believe it is probably from my tuner being set for 3.73's and i have since changed to 4.56's. But i intially didn't have the problem, and it has since became more regular. It doesn't seem to do it when set to the stock postion, and less when on the 100hp and up settings.

Thanks for you time and i look forward to any information.
I just checked with Jody and Re-tuning for the gears will not fix this. Since the problems did not accur until after the dealership did the installs I would take it back there and let them run diagnostic's to see if any fault codes are being stored in the PCM. My guess is this is related to the turbo pedestal install. It sounds like a leak somewhere. What are your EGT'S?

Diane

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for getting back to me so soon. The great customer service is one of the reasons i chose DP. I looked up my dealer receipt today, and the turbo pedestal was changed almost a year ago. I didn't play with the truck too much since then, because i was trying to work out some other problems i had been having. so i can't recall if it has been like that for awhile.

I don't usually get a CEL except once in awhile when i put the tuner back to the stock setting before arriving home for the night.

I believe my EGT's are about 700-800 ar highway speeds, and will pass 1300 on the 140 race setting. My CAC boots are looking pretty dirty, so i may take them off this weekend and clean them really well to see if it helps.

Thanks again for all your help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I finally got my truck scanned to see if i had any codes. Well that and my transmission was acting pretty bad and flashing the overdrive light. So i have the following codes:
P0472 - Ex pressure sensor low
P0475 - Ex pressure control valve fault
P1690 - Wastegate solenoid control circuit fault
P0743 - TCC System electrical fault
P1211 - ICP Pressude above/below desired (chip?)
P0741 - Torque convertor clutch system stuck off

I would believe that the Ex pressure sensor low codes would be from a leak somewhere. I started to clean the ic boots, but since the truck is dead now i just left it for the time being. Anyone got any other things i should check out. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts