The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i got a 6 pos. DP chip and it does not work. The engine cranks, but the wait to start light does not come on. i pulled the chip out and it runs fine. Any suggestion? I tried to call DP-tuner, but they are not answering right now, so i will call later, just thought i would ask yall for advice?

F

·
0 Posts
Not sure exactly what may be wrong, but I am sure that it won't be long until DP calls you back and your problem is solved.

·
504 Posts
Is the PCM plenty cleaned? Just a thought.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i cleaned the jumpers really well. And yeah i have heard that about DP, that i what sold me about getting a chip from them. And the fact that the tunes are awesome. I can not wait to get it working!

·
0 Posts
A real stupid question...but is one of the positions of the chip a "no start" setting. Maybe the chip is in that position. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
monster 4x4 said:
Well, i got a 6 pos. DP chip and it does not work. The engine cranks, but the wait to start light does not come on. i pulled the chip out and it runs fine. Any suggestion? I tried to call DP-tuner, but they are not answering right now, so i will call later, just thought i would ask yall for advice?
monster 4x4,

Looking at the time you posted, if you tried to call around then we were out of the office taking our son to a doctors appointment. We are back in the office now and are working to catch up with emails and voice mails from being out of town at our event we had this past weekend. We will be working later this evening if you would like to call back tonight.

If there is no wait to start light but you can hear the engine try to crank that means there is not a good communication between the PCM and the chip. Even though you have cleaned the contacts check it again with just your finger nail. Scrape across the contacts on both sides of the connector board on the PCM. Use a towel with acetone on it to clean the contacts if you have already used the scotch brite pad. If this does not help we can send you out another chip tomorrow.

:thanks:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, i actually called you back shortly after and you answered personally. I will try to disonnect the switch to see if i can single out the problem.
Thanks Diane, i will keep you posted.

Cole

·
Dieselis' Maximus
1,744 Posts
i was useing Acetone and it was just wiping a Real Thing film over the contacts. I had to finish it them up with just cleaning them off without the acetone.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I had the same problem....so I kept on messing with it trying to figure it out and my comp. got fried so they ended up sending me a new chip...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, i used a small screwdriver and my fingernail to clean the contacts. They look great. I talked to the Diane Tipton and i am going to troubleshoot some things she mentioned and if that doesnt work she said she will send me a new chip. Great company! (hard to find these days)
Thanks for the input guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts