The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally installed my Christmas tuner on Sunday. I have a mile or so in each of the settings and 100 miles in the 80 tow hauling a 6x12 enclosed trailer with my DR brush mower, some household goods and a Polaris 500 in the bed of my truck. My first impressions are that don't have enough mods for the two perfomance settings but my god, I can blow some smoke now.:smoke

I need to relearn my shift points as the power band is definately higher in the RPM range than with my old chip. Starting is a tad slower and the motor sounds a bit harsher.

The 80 Tow setting is incredible. Exhaust temps are as low or lower than they were before when I wasn't towing. the seat of the pants feel is that I have more response to the throttle with a load than I had before with out one even though I had a chip before. I can't wait to spend some time driving the truck empty on the other settings.

Many thanks to Jody and Diane for a great product and to everyone who has posted installation instructions and tips for making the install easy.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And the more I drive it the better I like it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts