The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a friend of mine has the b dog 6 position switch(i think thats what it is called)how much better is a dp comparied to this, i'm askin cuz i'm gonna with dp(80 & 120 maybe 140?)and i want to leave him behind in a cloud of smoke for the first time. oh i have a early 99 if that helps anyone with a response and thank up front.:Thumbup:

·
TDG MAFIA #94
519 Posts
dunno a lot about these but what i like about the bullydog is that there are a variety of setting for many uses. if your going to leave him in the smoke, id be looking at another kinds maby? others will def. chime in and give better info.

·
6,337 Posts
Your going to have issues with your early 99... You have smaller injectors, smaller HPOP, smaller intake manifolds... You might overcome him with better tuning but to smoke him..... I dont know.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
dieselteel said:
a friend of mine has the b dog 6 position switch(i think thats what it is called)how much better is a dp comparied to this, i'm askin cuz i'm gonna with dp(80 & 120 maybe 140?)and i want to leave him behind in a cloud of smoke for the first time. oh i have a early 99 if that helps anyone with a response and thank up front.:Thumbup:
I like the DP, I think that it is a great product. Have you looked into a TS Performance chip yet? Not to down Bully Dog, but I think you will be happier with a DP or TS. What year is your friends truck?

·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was just wanting to know if anyone knew how much better the dp or even the ts chips were over the bd chip. ok bad choice of words even though i would like to "smoke" my buddy i will take just beating him by any distance(for the first time ever) because him is getting alittle too ****y these days cuz he makes more money than me and he thinks he's got the best of everything,so it's time for his buddy with a mortgage,wife,and son(who is 3 and loves diesels) and alittle older truck than his he's got an 02 or 03 one of the last 7.3's,to just get'em once and he'll never forget it,down side is once i do he will go nuts and get propane or something to make sure it never happens again,but he'll never forget that one time that i got him!thanks again to everyone

·
33 Posts
DP, just my .02

·
Registered
388 Posts
Your smaller sticks and hpop is going to be your problem to over come.TS and DP both make excellent chips..but i dont think your stock hpop will like that 140hp setting,check into upgrading your pcm/hpop/injectors from a later model pstroke and then throw a good chip at it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts