The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a superchips but i am wanting something more. like a flip chip. i know both of these are great products but i would just like some input on both of them. what are the pros and cons of both? i know the f6 holds like 16 tunes where as the fu only holds 6 but they are both upgradable to new tunes right?
what do you guys think?
Its an 01 7.3 and im still mostly stock. only mods i have so far are 4" exhaust and superchips cortex. currently stock intake
thanks

and i apologize in advance if this is a touchy subject. i am still fairly new here and trying to figure out how things work.

·
272 Posts
I'm looking at both of them closely, for my 1995 psd, but the php is winning.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I have a superchips but i am wanting something more. like a flip chip. i know both of these are great products but i would just like some input on both of them. what are the pros and cons of both? i know the f6 holds like 16 tunes where as the fu only holds 6 but they are both upgradable to new tunes right?
what do you guys think?
Its an 01 7.3 and im still mostly stock. only mods i have so far are 4" exhaust and superchips cortex. currently stock intake
thanks

and i apologize in advance if this is a touchy subject. i am still fairly new here and trying to figure out how things work.
It really boils down to what will fit your needs.

The F6 is a chip with a micro chip burner built on the chip. There's no need to ever remove the chip from your vehicle to reprogrm it. The F5 and F6 both hold 16 programs, but lets be realistic. Not everyone will need or want that many. We let you decide how many you want or need. We have the free for 10 key cycles to try a tune before you buy it. Once you create an account and register your vehicle in your my vehicle section you can dowload new tunes from your my tunes section right from our webserver.

F6 Smartchip info

·
TDG Mafia #76
2,542 Posts
There's no comparison. I don't see how anyone would need 16 tunes all at once.

Go with Bill. He's been tuning these trucks as long as anyone out there, and is EXCELLENT at it.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
There's no comparison. I don't see how anyone would need 16 tunes all at once.

Go with Bill. He's been tuning these trucks as long as anyone out there, and is EXCELLENT at it.
Yes and I do I believe I explained that the need for 16 tunes is not for everyone. Although during live tuning all the tunes ar free with the cost of live tuning, so many do end up filling the chip with as many tunes as it does hold.

·
8,265 Posts
I don't know Bill, nor have had any experience with their stuff...but I haven't heard anything negative about them.

I do know Jody and Diane...and their service is impeccable. Sure...you may not need 16 tunes...but having a tune for different situations is nice. High idle/drive thru/a couple of tow tunes/an economy tune/race tune/dyno tune/valet or no start tune...all I find helpful given the situation. And right there are 8 tunes. If I had NOS or water/meth...I'd be looking at more. Right now I have 14 tunes on my chip...only because I was playing with pressure with my pump just to see what worked well...and what didn't. I didn't have to keep sending my chip back to have more options burnt to it.

On a personal note...you couldn't wish to meet nicer people. I am sure that Bill and his wife are great people...again haven't heard anything negative about either one of them. But I do know the Tiptons and it is my honor to be able to call them friends.

I like options...and the more the merrier.

But that is just my honest opinion.

·
TDG Mafia #76
2,542 Posts
Yes and I do I believe I explained that the need for 16 tunes is not for everyone. Although during live tuning all the tunes ar free with the cost of live tuning, so many do end up filling the chip with as many tunes as it does hold.
I'm happy with my 6 tunes and free updates.

For what it's worth, I liked Jody's tuning. My truck didn't.

Now I've got the best of both worlds. I'm happy and the truck is happy.

:happymugs

·
6,337 Posts
I'm happy with my 6 tunes and free updates.

For what it's worth, I liked Jody's tuning. My truck didn't.

Now I've got the best of both worlds. I'm happy and the truck is happy.

:happymugs
:thumbsup

·
65 Posts
I love my dp. works great and lots of power. no complaints here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts