The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any in depth knowledge of Jodi's new 16POS chip :deal: with LED display. I've been looking at his 6pos chips for a while and like the idea of being able to add more to the chip. From what I understand 16pos was a by product of the chip design and quality controls he worked with the chip designer and was looking for more QC on the chip operations and funcationalty to eliminate so of the little bugs they currently have. :thanks:

·
Super limo owner
1,122 Posts
I cant wait!

·
Registered
97 Posts
interesting, have to check it out!

·
Bonehead Mechanic
65 Posts
Hopefully the price isnt through the roof, so some of us guys on limited funds can afford one.

·
361 Posts
Shady'sBigRedPowerstoke said:
Hopefully the price isnt through the roof, so some of us guys on limited funds can afford one.
Price is supposed to be the same as before.

·
Destroked
1,658 Posts
We hung out with Jody and Diane at Indy at the nationals, and that new chip is sweet! Jody is running it in his '02. Price for files will be the same, but if you load the whole chip with 16 programs it will be expensive.....But what good quality product isnt expensive?...:Thumbup:

·
517 Posts
Yes, what I read on another post about this is if you load it with 6 files,, it will be the same or VERY close to the same price. (think about it, the files once designed are not very costly for him to put onto the chip...so the ONLY overhead to speak of for any chip burner is the chip it self....

·
48 Posts
JimTJr said:
...so the ONLY overhead to speak of for any chip burner is the chip it self....
Well not quite that cut and dry Jim.
CP testing equipment and program software $10,000 plus (probably more like $12-15,000)
romulators $
computers $
truck to test with $40,000 plus
etc
etc etc

Overhead or cost of doing business and being good at what you do is very expensive and the payback is not overnight. But, I know what you meant.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So any word on when they'll be taking orders on these????? I'm really ready for a chip from them but would like to be cutting edge!!!!!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
BlackBlowinBlack said:
So any word on when they'll be taking orders on these????? I'm really ready for a chip from them but would like to be cutting edge!!!!!

We are now.......:popcorn: :Thumbup:

·
6,337 Posts
You have any pics of the switch set-up? I would like to get one, just looking for some info!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I guess I should've asked when will they be available????? If I orderered one today lets say?????

·
Registered
77 Posts
Man that 16 pos chip is tempting, but I think I will just go with my orginal idea to have Jody reflash my PCM...I don't need anythiong else. the most weight I tow is 5K lbs

Mike

·
186 Posts
OK all you psd owners (with deeper pockets than mine ) that are ready to buy the 16 sell me your 4-6 pos chip compatible with a 2003 7.3 auto and go spend that money!

·
4,024 Posts
I may just get mine hooked up at Gattlinburg :Thumbup:

·
6,337 Posts
aldo_45030 said:
OK all you psd owners (with deeper pockets than mine ) that are ready to buy the 16 sell me your 4-6 pos chip compatible with a 2003 7.3 auto and go spend that money!

I've got a DI chip, with PMT burns I might let go...shoot me a PM, I'll think about a price...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts