The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the best bet when i get a DP Tuner is to have a upgraded valve body put in for a better tranny life?? What valve body is the best? Should i have the valve body put in first then get the chip.. i need some opinoins!!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
youngPSD said:
Is the best bet when i get a DP Tuner is to have a upgraded valve body put in for a better tranny life?? What valve body is the best? Should i have the valve body put in first then get the chip.. i need some opinoins!!
I like to see no line pressure increase when adding a chip or tuning. Part of what a vb does is channel pressure where and when it's needed. The other improvements are made in the pump. It's all a system that has to work together. Too much pressure can cause bind @ shift points as valves fight each other. Thats what the situation sounds like in this thread: http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30606

Photo: Accumulator diassembled. Also called valve body or VB

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
Jody needs to know what you are going to do with the valve body before he programs the chip. You can always tell him you plan to upgrade the valve body later and he can program for that up front so it doesn't have to be changed later.

I would say the most popular valve body upgrades are the Sonnax/Tricumulator mods which invovles disassembling what Racer X posted or just buying a valve body that already has the mods done to it - usually a BTS or FTVB. Personally, I am headed the BTS valve body direction in the near future for the wife's PSD.

Whatever you decide, be sure to let Jody know up front!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts