The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
BCJAG72
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has a dpf back after market exhaust system on their truck? I have MBRP Cool Duals on mine and was wondering if anyone was running the same ones with the dpf still on their truck. I have to take my truck back to the dealer and I am hoping that I can just keep the cool duals on with the dpf when I take it in. Wasn't sure if they would say that will void the warrant even thought the dpf is still on. The system is designed to work with the dpf.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
Shouldnt be a problem. All the emissions BS is still on the truck.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
You'll be fine. You could just give um to me.

·
BCJAG72
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope so. I was reading the owners manuel and damn, if you look at the truck wrong you'll void something according to Ford. It sucks that you spend all this money on a truck and you can't even change the tail pipe or intake without having to worry about voiding a warranty.

·
568 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has a dpf back after market exhaust system on their truck? I have MBRP Cool Duals on mine and was wondering if anyone was running the same ones with the dpf still on their truck. I have to take my truck back to the dealer and I am hoping that I can just keep the cool duals on with the dpf when I take it in. Wasn't sure if they would say that will void the warrant even thought the dpf is still on. The system is designed to work with the dpf.

Did these come with a muffler or does it just eliminate it? How does it sound? These 6.4's are just tooo quiet for me.

·
100 Posts
I talked to a guy from banks and asked him the question about the muffler and his reply was, the DPf acted as a muffler which inturn when adding the DPf exhaust you didn't need a muffler. I ordered one and planning on not even using any muffler after the DPf. I wish I could just get rid of everything under there and be done with it. Join you Spartan guys....

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
I hope so. I was reading the owners manuel and damn, if you look at the truck wrong you'll void something according to Ford. It sucks that you spend all this money on a truck and you can't even change the tail pipe or intake without having to worry about voiding a warranty.[/QUOTE

I personally believe that later on when the 6.7's come out that ford will loosen up a little on the voiding warranty stuff. But i could be wrong sense emissions stuff will get worse in a couple of years.

·
568 Posts
I talked to a guy from banks and asked him the question about the muffler and his reply was, the DPf acted as a muffler which inturn when adding the DPf exhaust you didn't need a muffler. I ordered one and planning on not even using any muffler after the DPf. I wish I could just get rid of everything under there and be done with it. Join you Spartan guys....
Actually with 2 turbos, I doubt the use of a muffler is all that effective (besides building backpressure). 2 turbos on an engine will quiet it significantly as it is. My 80mm turbo mustang (1000hp) with a straight pipe on it sounds relatively similar to my heads,cam, intake motor (350 hp) with true dual flowmasters. I just want something throatier and I really like the dual exhaust look. I had dual tailpipes on my '03. The magnaflow's out each side. I do like the look of the banks dual tailpipe setup but Gale likes his stuff and the pricetag shows it. Maybe when the budget allows it a turbo-back straight pipe and the necessary tune would be the way to go. Then just find what tailpipes I like and build them into the system or what? The fab work is not a problem. Just funding the tune right now is what I cant do. Just trying to plan. So basically, is there a muffler/tailpipe setup that produces a nice throaty sound better than any other?

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Actually with 2 turbos, I doubt the use of a muffler is all that effective (besides building backpressure). 2 turbos on an engine will quiet it significantly as it is. My 80mm turbo mustang (1000hp) with a straight pipe on it sounds relatively similar to my heads,cam, intake motor (350 hp) with true dual flowmasters. I just want something throatier and I really like the dual exhaust look. I had dual tailpipes on my '03. The magnaflow's out each side. I do like the look of the banks dual tailpipe setup but Gale likes his stuff and the pricetag shows it. Maybe when the budget allows it a turbo-back straight pipe and the necessary tune would be the way to go. Then just find what tailpipes I like and build them into the system or what? The fab work is not a problem. Just funding the tune right now is what I cant do. Just trying to plan. So basically, is there a muffler/tailpipe setup that produces a nice throaty sound better than any other?
Sweeeet :thumbsup

The muffler basically does nothing to the sound of the exhaust.

·
568 Posts
Sweeeet :thumbsup

The muffler basically does nothing to the sound of the exhaust.
So...basically a straight pipe (assuming an off-road vehicle of course) and whatever tails I want for the appearance? Will that give it a rumble?

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Maybe a little rumble. Not like the 6.0's have when straight piped. It will sound more like a hair dryer when you get on it.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
You're right, it's not a 6.0 but mine is fickin loud!! listen to my burnout video and that's from 200' away. You get into a down town area its louder than my old 5.8 with headers and cherry bombs!!

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
I dont really notice mine too much. Sense im always the one in the drivers seat. But i only have a 210 tune so maybe its a bit quieter than yours. I also have the stock DPF Back Exhaust.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
I am running 4" DP back into MBRP's 4" dual exit exhaust

·
568 Posts
You're right, it's not a 6.0 but mine is fickin loud!! listen to my burnout video and that's from 200' away. You get into a down town area its louder than my old 5.8 with headers and cherry bombs!!
Where's your video?

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
Its a good video. Hopefully he puts up the link.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
Its a good video. Hopefully he puts up the link.

OUCH!! It better not happen again if it does I will have to drive to the flat lands and drive over your girly little truck with 35's!!!!! :wedgie :haha

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
Damn... Caught my before I could edit.:fan

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
Here they are, I couldn't find them here either

Not sure why but my post kept on going to the wrong thread??? To much crack at lunch time I guess???

·
568 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts