The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '08 6.4L which is completely stock including the latest 1123b flash from Ford. My question is it possible to do a dpf/cat delete and ONLY turn off the regen with a tuner and maintain ALL other stock programming including the latest tightened protection parameters of the 1123B flash ? If so what programmer?

·
606 Posts
I have an '08 6.4L which is completely stock including the latest 1123b flash from Ford. My question is it possible to do a dpf/cat delete and ONLY turn off the regen with a tuner and maintain ALL other stock programming including the latest tightened protection parameters of the 1123B flash ? If so what programmer?
I beleive it will over write your stock files. I have read that there are issues with the 1123b flash.

·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1123b flash

I have had mine(original 1123b flash) since April. I have had ZERO issues(knocking on wood, my head and everything else) and I have put about 5000 towing miles on it since then.

Thanks for the heads up though.

·
TDG Mafia Member #25
1,448 Posts
I'm still new to this tuning game, but my understanding is all the stock Ford tuning is removed, and the aftermarket tuning takes it's place.

I've had zero issues with 1000 miles of tuning at a gain of 150 horses, 6 mpg, and a cooler runnin' engine.

Adrianspeeder

·
606 Posts
Here is a link as to "why I did it." This shows what a 6.4 can do without all the EPA crap hung on it. With the cost of fuel now this thing will be paid for in less than a year.

·
15 Posts
To use the tuner means you have to pick one of the tunes, you cannot just set it to delete the dpf, you will have to do a tune, they can make it so it is still the stock tune with all the parameters but will still overwrite the tune, you would want to call one of the custom tuning dealers, SCT tuners with innovative tunes seems to be a good start

1 - 6 of 6 Posts