The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that deleting dpf and using the chip it would be much better milage and more power and I still can re-install it at some point.
Is that true? Does hurt the engine or truck system?
Is there something that I need to be aware about it?

Thanks !!

·
53 Posts
Best thing I have yet to do for my 6.7 2008. Removed DPF left muffler blocked off egr (kit) and put a chip in truck. I run my chip on 60hp gain and i went from 14 to 18 city towing. Ive put over 70,000 miles on truck since all this and havent had one problem besides replacing rear seal on outter hub, which has nothing to do with any of these things

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Reactions: hubcap

·
148 Posts
You don't unless you put the DPF back on and removing the Tuning.
Thats what I figured. I just bought an 08...Does doing just an EGR delete only have any benefits? Maybe I'll do that with a DPF back exhaust. Removing all that crap just to have to put all back to pass emissions seems like a lot of work :)

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Thats what I figured. I just bought an 08...Does doing just an EGR delete only have any benefits? Maybe I'll do that with a DPF back exhaust. Removing all that crap just to have to put all back to pass emissions seems like a lot of work :)

Just removing the EGR will cause problems with the Regeneration required to clean the DPF. Its a all or nothing thing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: hubcap

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Thanks for the info. Will doing a DPF back exaust(no muffler) make it any louder? I was told on another site that it would not.

Not what so ever. I did it on my old truck before I deleted it. I didn't notice anything different other than the balance of my checking account.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts