The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excuse my ignorance but can you do a dpf delete without a tuner, therefore eliminating any warranty problems with ford detecting tuning, by just putting DPF on when taking it in for warranty service. Just looking for a little better MPG.

·
Ford 6.4 it's just cooler
673 Posts
If only it were that easy, the problem is that there are sensors in the exhaust and when they realize there is not the backpressure present that there should be, it goes into a constant regeneration

·
Strokin' and Smokin'
517 Posts
sevenmacs said:
Excuse my ignorance but can you do a dpf delete without a tuner, therefore eliminating any warranty problems with ford detecting tuning, by just putting DPF on when taking it in for warranty service. Just looking for a little better MPG.
I don't think Ford is dumb enough to make it that easy. Sad truth is the only way to get the DPF removed it by programming the truck.

If you're worried about warranty work, talk to your service manager. Many of them are actually understanding when it comes to aftermarket mods. Don't mention that you plan on taking off the DPF, just that you want to put a programmer on the truck for better fuel economy. You're not lying to the guy, just kinda stretching the truth. And this phrase is true now more than ever: "If you wanna play, you gotta pay"

·
Ford 6.4 it's just cooler
673 Posts
SouthTexasDiese said:
And this phrase is true now more than ever: "If you wanna play, you gotta pay"
Speaking of which my buddy has one the F-450's that had one of the bad cranks and it blew his motor. Luckily he didn't have a tuner, because he looked at the bill to ford from the dealer...$22,000

1 - 4 of 4 Posts