The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this weekend I reverted to stock for my state inspection... I forgot how much better these trucks are with Spartan.

This morning on the way to work the truck had its first regen cycle. After a 2 hour stop, restarted the truck, and got the check engine light. The DPF pressure sensor code was set. Upon inspecting my DPF pressure sensor it has a hole clean through it. EGTs never got above 1200F during the regen.

I had the DPF pressure sensor hooked up when I was running the delete tunes. It was my belief that this was required. Was it just coincidence that the sensor failed or was it something else like soot in the sensor cooking off during the regen and this can be expected when switching back to stock.

I have a new sensor on order from the dealership but am curious why this may have happened. Comments?

Thanks in advance.

·
1,415 Posts
they just need to be plugged in for some kind of signal, if it screws up while tuned you wont notice it. so its probibly been messed up for awhile.

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Budtoh3zo thanks.

It did not have a hole in it when I switched back yesterday. This definitely happened today on the way to work today. It was at most 40mi of driving and 1 regen in a stock configuration before this happened.

The timing just seems strange to me.

·
1,415 Posts
thats odd, i wounder if it just detieroated and couldnt take the heat.

·
179 Posts
I had my dpf pressure sensor melt like you described once. I went back to stock for some warranty work. It was like it has hit with a blow torch and burned a hole clean through. I have no idea why it happened. The pressure sensor looked fine when I took it off the delete pipe.

·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BigIslandBoy - Exactly. Hit by a torch is a good description. After you replaced it have you ever reverted to stock again and if so did you have any further problems?

Hopefully the sensor will come in tomorrow as now the truck seems to be stuck in regen.... have to drive the car tomorrow.

Thanks.

·
42 Posts
I leave the factory pressure sensor fitting in the stock pipe since it is usually destroyed on the thread end. On the delete pipe, use a 1/4"P X 1/4" barb fitting, with a 10-32 screw plugging the hole on the barb end so soot doesn't get to the sensor. The factory fittings are available from FloPro but they are about $20 each.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts