The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what kind of RPMs does this combo have.. I have heard that this fuels over 3300 but I have not heard for sure what type of rpms that this combo has.. does anyone have any experience with this combination..???

·
Registered
973 Posts
3700RPM twice with the Drag Comp and a MAD ECM with full timing, without the MAD ECM now I think it is around 3500-3600RPM. I was not a fan of the stack, the truck yanks the sled better now.

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
I have seen a few guys actually loose power on the dyno with that combo. Bouncer relayed to me that they recommend stacking the smarty with a tst only. I guess the programs work together better than they do with the Edge.

·
464 Posts
I ran the smarty on #8 and the drag comp on 5/5 and my truck turned over 4000.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I guess you like this setup.. That is what I want to turn 4000 rpms.

·
Cummins Man
980 Posts
I know that you will loose top end Hp but gain a much wider power band up through the RPM's from what I have heard on other sites. I think it was like 11hp topend lose but power came on really quick, with a nice wide power band.

Andy

B

·
0 Posts
The Smarty removes the rev limiter. D_B has had his truck to 4k with his Smarty only.

·
1,055 Posts
Yah I was going to ask, isn't 4k pretty high for a stock motor?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I sure it has a little wear on the motor but I am not worried about my valves clapping hands with my pistons, or my internals coming apart.. I read that a stock Cummins Crankshaft doesnt start to come apart until 5600 rpms.. So I think that it will be fine.. I am not saying dont get stiffer springs but the stock ones should be fine.. Hopefully

·
411 Posts
I wouldn't take stock valve train to 4,000rpms everyday. A 24valve valve train is much stouter than a 12valve so crank it up. :Thumbup:

You will want to keep that Smarty on the even setting running it with an Edge box and if you are cranking the Edge up about 4 or 5 yoiu will have bettter #'s on level 6 than 8 on the Smarty.

DB

·
Registered
973 Posts
Valve contact has been noted as low as 3700RPM on the 3rd Gen motors. But with a stock camshaft you may be able to run at or close to 4000RPM without damage, it's really your decision.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts