The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Still Diggin
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been running our dragline the last couple of days on a levy. It worked great until it rained. Do any of you guys run draglines? Their rather obsolete and you dont see to many these days. Just curious.

·
4,827 Posts
Have a pic?

Never run one, but there is one sitting on a farm not to far from here. Hasn't been moved in years. There is also an old power shovel. Not sure if it is old enough to be steam powered, or of it uses a diesel or gas engine. Haven't been close enough to it to see. WAY back in the sticks on the opposite side of a big pond.

·
Still Diggin
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took pics a couple of days ago, but cant make them load for some reason:bang . You still see some sitting around here, but they are junked out. Surprisingly we have people hit us up for custom work, trackhoes just dont have the reach.

·
4,827 Posts
I saw a huge one sitting at a coal mine in PA, just off of hwy 219. Has since been scrapped out. See the tops of some other big ones there in use. :D To far away for good pics. :(

·
Still Diggin
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, I quit working when it rainedLOL. I shouldve been more clear.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I do work at a coal mine that has 3 marions They are hugs v 20's in them. Have a cable runnig them can pull a d10 in the buckets. Crazy big and move millions of tons in a hurry. It is unbelievable

·
Still Diggin
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow thats crazy huge. None of those in NW Missouri for sure.:wow
I have always wanted to see one of those in person.

·
4,827 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
It was amazing. When you walk inside it you think you are in a power plant because of the motors that run everything. Has a crane in it incase the bull gear goes bad. Also has a engine room and a full time greaser that is a boring job from what the guy said. haha We had to do a cam on the one for the one of the feet it walks on. Had to move it with a 992, and it was struggling. Pistons in the engine are bigger then my head. haha They don't run the engines, tho run it all from power plant.

They are like the one in this video just red and white. I think they were 8050's http://youtube.com/watch?v=HSPlQWOeNlQ

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have a pic?

Never run one, but there is one sitting on a farm not to far from here. Hasn't been moved in years. There is also an old power shovel. Not sure if it is old enough to be steam powered, or of it uses a diesel or gas engine. Haven't been close enough to it to see. WAY back in the sticks on the opposite side of a big pond.
I know this is an old blog, I was wondering if the dragline was still there, if so do you know what the make & model is, I am looking for one, I just blew up a lorain with a d318 engine up, looking to possibly get another/ not lorain, pics or location would be appreciated, I live in the Princeton Illinois area, THANK YOU

·
Ol Dirt Contractor
2,803 Posts
Looks like they removed the U-Tube video..:(

·
Crazy Cooter!
169 Posts
i work out at the phosphate mines here in fl and we got about 20 big ones, ill try to get a pic of one next to a truck or something. i think our biggest has a 65yard bucket! i think thats pretty big!

·
4,827 Posts
That'd be sweet! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts