The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried this pump? Have heard the monster vp44 makes good power but has reliability issues. Wondering if this industial injection 140% over pump has the same problems

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not asking about the 30% over stock hot rod injection pump. Wondered about the 140% over stock dragon fire pump

·
3,514 Posts
Just like you said, they are hit and miss with reliability. We have only installed a couple dragon fires at our shop, and so far none of them have come back. However, they haven't seen a lot of miles on them yet either. And with that said, I have seen some industrial VP's stock and HRVP44's not hold up so well. But then again some do, so its just the nature of the beast.

Sorry, I am sure that that didn't clarify anything and wasn't a straight answer one way or the other. But, reliability issues will always be on your mind with any VP44 that you run.
Sean

·
73 Posts
I had one on my truck, I felt like it was not worth it. It was a BIG improvement without a fueling box, but once it was tapped it was slower than with out one. I tried a different drag comp box, different settings, and made sure all connections were good, but it would not do any better.

·
1,189 Posts
had a buddy put one on a loose power. they don't seem to match the hype seen a few guys slow down when they changed over to them. Just run a so pump or a monster they work

·
3,514 Posts
We just had a guy put down some pretty impressive numbers with one at our dyno day. He put down 640 fuel only with a dragon fire, drag comp, and 6x.018's with a single 62.
Sean

·
7 Posts
i've put 22,000 on my IIVP44, ALLWAYS had 15psi. + 2stroke. just tapped the wire maybe 100mi. ago! Now vp is JUNK :wtf Will never deal with IND. INJ. Again. fyi code is p0253. hope you have better luck!!!!

·
What are sparkplugs
147 Posts
I was running high 12's low 13's with my pump and a stock turbo, lots of black smoke.
will definitely need twin turbos.
Really liked the HotRod V-44 stage II, never personally seen any one run the dragon flow though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts