The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tire Smoker
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Union Grove Dragway yesterday with JAKEGMCHD to run some hot laps and play w/ the PPE/VA/BS stack. Lets just say the track was way too busy. I got in 3 runs in 5 hours. My final run was the best.

The track lined us up in lanes 4 and 5. I was in lane 5. Sometimes you race the guy next to you. Other times they pull two cars from the same lane. A punk kid in a ricer wanted to jump ahead of me because him and his "boy" had a race planned for some cash. I let him in, so I knew the two cars ahead of me were going to be pulled out of my lane. I couldn't figure out who I was racing until the starter waived me in. It was an 04 Yellow Vette.

This was my third run of the day. I wanted to leave because I was tired of waiting in line, but I got real excited when I seen the vette. I knew he had no idea what my truck would run. I have been building it for this exact race, so now was the time to put the hammer down!

He did a burnout and then we staged. I knew I'd get him off the line, but I didn't know how much. The lights were running down to the green and he jumped on the third light a bit early. A -.044 red-light to my .155. Right there I thought he had me, but the DMAX had different plans. He didn't hook and I went on by. My 1.911 60 ft to his 2.512 made up the red-light and then some! There is nothing better than looking in my oversized towing mirror at a yellow vette trying to catch me. By 330 ft I had him by almost a second. I wasn't born yesterday and I knew he had me on the top end. I just didn't know by how much. I was watching him more than where I was going! I know this PPE stack pulls like a freight train on the big end, but could I hold him off? The 1/8th mile was not good for the bee colored sports car either. My 8.840 @ 79 to his 9.441 @ 80 mph was keeping the attention of everyone in the stands. This was the vettes bread and butter for the last 1/8th mile. He had plenty of traction and his little vette can scream at this point. The thousand foot mark was coming and my heart was pumping..he wasn't catching me in my blurry vibrating mirror. 1000ft me:11.510 , him: 12.040. I could hear him screaming obscenities to his new vette...he couldn't catch me! I crossed the line about a truck ahead of the vette w/ my fist pumping in the air. I did it and I was very happy to say the least! I picked up the time slip...and waited at the booth for a second so he had a good chance to check out my Mag Hytec rear dif.cover..the slip wasn't lying. I ran 13.750 @ 101.03 to his 14.200 @ 104.26. I went to park and read through the time slip. I had 3 people come over right away and shake my hand. :HappyMugs Just another day at the track for the mighty :bow: DMAX!!! :bow:

·
The Guy Mom Warned About
2,568 Posts
Now you should know better than to go picking on guys in corvettes, it's just plain mean. But you had him by nearly 1/2 second, that's great. A race I probably would have loved to have seen.

·
The Guy Mom Warned About
2,568 Posts
Unbroken, don't go racing any corvettes, at least find something that offers a challenge, like another diesel.

·
Obviously Intuitive !
1,417 Posts
I've got a Dyno sheet to prove it :sly:

the video is on the way....

(is animated ok ? ) :roflmao:

just kidding, just kidding !!

Good kill !

·
1,055 Posts
Nice job :Thumbup: , maybe one day I will be able to beat a vette, but until that day I will have to live through your guys stories. And nice numbers.See ya :popcorn:

·
322 Posts
Sweet kill! :Thumbup:

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
Nice!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts