The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions? My drain fuel water separator message keeps coming on. I have drained several times with no water present but message keeps coming back on. Any ideas on what I can do next?

·
1,606 Posts
Try changing your filters.

·
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, I will. It's no where close to time but I will try it. I got maybe a ounce of water out the first time I drained the separator and none every other time. Still didn't satisfy the message. I will try the filters. Thanks...

·
5 Posts
Check the passage behind the filter area when you change the filter. I was getting the message with no water coming out when I drained and it ended up being a white goo in the passage that was water and scum. It took 15 minutes or so to clean it out and still not sure I got it all. I am not talking about anything actually behind the filter but a passage to the left of the filter if you could look at it straight on. from the back of the truck.

·
53 Posts
Check the passage behind the filter area when you change the filter. I was getting the message with no water coming out when I drained and it ended up being a white goo in the passage that was water and scum. It took 15 minutes or so to clean it out and still not sure I got it all. I am not talking about anything actually behind the filter but a passage to the left of the filter if you could look at it straight on. from the back of the truck.
x2 on the goo. When I first got mine, I couldn't get any liquid out of the drain. You might try a toothpick up the drain hole (with the valve open) to see if inspires the drain to pee.

Good luck!

Tim

·
81 Posts
There will be the white goo on the WIF sensor.You may have to take the sensor out and clean the sensor and in behind the sensor.This is best done with the filter out.The sensor twists and pulls out to remove.

bronco1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts