The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my 02 X to the dealer to get the two recalls done. I have been building an excellent business relationship with the service manager at said dealership. So to my surprise the manger said that while I was waiting for my X to get worked on that I could go test drive his personnal vehicle. Which happens to be an 02 Ecxcursion 7.3l. The main difference is that he has a 6 position chip DP tuner installed. I am sold. What a huge difference in power, shifting, and flat out fun-factor of a 10 out of 10 :haha:peelout. As this wasn't my vehicle I didn't want to flog his truck, but what I did do was down right impressive. I am now sold this tuner and will be selling my Banks chip as soon as I get one.

Reactions: SeeYa

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it made his truck run like that then I WILL be very impressed. I couldn't believe the throttle response. There was no hesitation, the second any movement in the pedal the truck launched. The owner even told me that he had to relearn driving the truck with the new found power!!!!

·
8,265 Posts
Jody and Diane are very good people...and Jody knows his chit when it comes to tuning the 7.3L motor.

·
*^%$#@&am p;am p;am p;am p;am
1,327 Posts
i always wondered why you liked the banks tuner so much

i had a 6 gun before i got my dptuner and there is a huge difference between both chips

dptuner leaves banks for dead

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you have never used or driven anything but Banks then there is nothing to copmpare it to. But once you experience the other side then it is very hard to defend Banks power programs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts