The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If it happens, it will obviuosly be the truck in my sig. I'm just tired of a dually, and I'll have more wheel and tire options. Has anyone done anything like this before? What all will I need? Any suggestions of what to use/not to use? I saw 1 truck for sale on DTR that had been converted but the guy wouldnt tell me anything about how he did it...

Thanks!

Nathaniel

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I'd just do some searching into super singles. I doubt they make anything for 1 Ton's but it might be worth your effort so you don't need a new truck bed.

·
400 Posts
Speaking of super singles i saw a dually this weekend that had super singles on it it. It looked pretty sweet.

·
282 Posts
I have a seen a 4x4 dually (with the fenders still on) with the super single rear wheels and they were Bad Azz. By the time I managed to get my dually turned around I lost him. I know it's not a local truck because I have never seen it around. So I know someone is making the super wheels.

·
409 Posts
find someone who wants to do a DRW conversion with a long bed SRW truck, park side by side one weekend, get a few beers and swap 1 for 1 of everything. That is the easiest, and obviously the cheapest way. You just have to paint the bed.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
sixpack1 said:
I have a seen a 4x4 dually (with the fenders still on) with the super single rear wheels and they were Bad Azz. By the time I managed to get my dually turned around I lost him. I know it's not a local truck because I have never seen it around. So I know someone is making the super wheels.

tbroadus_41 said:
Speaking of super singles i saw a dually this weekend that had super singles on it it. It looked pretty sweet.
Heck yes, it sounds like they must be on the market. That's good to know. Trucking fleets around here everywhere are converting I figured it was only a matter of time until they found their way into the 1 Tons.

·
706 Posts
you'll need a single wheel bed,and rear axle assy.The axle has to be from a 2500 with a manual trans,so you will get a Dana 80,and not have to mess with your driveshafts.take the spacers off your front hubs,and put the 2500 wheels/tires on,you should be good to go.Make sure you get the bigger wheel cylinders and put them in when you swap axles,they help the stopping a lot.

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts
there is a guy on here that converted his DRW to SRW, i'll have to find him and i'll let you know.

·
Cummins Man
980 Posts
You dont have to change the rearend, tires will stick out two inches on each side. I may go that way in the upcoming months, dont know yet.

·
1,581 Posts
blackpsd said:
find someone who wants to do a DRW conversion with a long bed SRW truck, park side by side one weekend, get a few beers and swap 1 for 1 of everything. That is the easiest, and obviously the cheapest way. You just have to paint the bed.
:whs

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
dazed&confused said:
You dont have to change the rearend, tires will stick out two inches on each side. I may go that way in the upcoming months, dont know yet.
Weren't you the guy on here that converted your truck to 4x4?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Do you pull the truck?

·
IS FREE!!!!!
1,143 Posts
um i converted my truck to SRW from DRW....

All i did was lost my dually fenders since i have a SRW box on it already. but with the dodges ull most likely have to get a SRW box and hope to find one the same color as your truck is already. up front is simple. there is a gentleman on ebay that sells SRW hubs with races for 195 a piece shipped to your door. that is where i got mine and it took me a couple hours to switch over the front hubs. I am still runnin my dually rear end and the tracking is wier on the rear than the front now and i actually prefer that. here are the hubs on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dana-60-Single-Wheel-front-Hub-fits-Chevy-or-Dodge_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33731QQihZ015QQitemZ250193898903QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
That's a heck of a Conversion from a 4x2 3500 to a 4x4 2500. You must really like your truck or just have a lot of time and shop area.

·
19 Posts
isnt that what jermy lyons did??

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea, I am pretty sure but he didnt do it himself I dont think, he sent it somewhere and got all the skyjacker $%^* under there...

Nathaniel

·
Cummins Man
980 Posts
Phily 911 said:
That's a heck of a Conversion from a 4x2 3500 to a 4x4 2500. You must really like your truck or just have a lot of time and shop area.
Its not that bad and I have a decent shop. I have 11 days coming up to work on it at the end of the month. Its going to stay a 3500 though.

·
TDG Mafia Member #45
296 Posts
i'll trade you. what gears do you have? i need a drw.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts