The Diesel Garage banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
17 Posts
Hold on, i do have a comment;

Let's reverse engineer this mysterious engine failure you're referring to. I'm not suggesting this was the real sequence of events, but it makes better sense to me.

Let's pretend the truck was driving down the road and ran over a large widget... this widget then became an under-chassis projectile and struck, then busted the radiator tank... the cooling system excreted all of its fluids onto the road... the cylinder overheated and scuffed the liner... and then the liner cracked open before the engine seized ...or the driver noticed the severe, HEAVY engine knock.

...just thinking out loud.
Seems like a lack of experience if you've never seen a cracked liner. Bet you have never seen a hose pop either from a failed headgasket. The name tool fits you well.

·
17 Posts
Seems like a lack of experience if you've never seen a cracked liner. Bet you have never seen a hose pop either from a failed headgasket. The name tool fits you well.
Obviously your wife beats you, and you use this web forum to vent : (

I do feel sorry for you, you MUST grow a pair and stand up to her!! Or get out of that abusive relationship; maybe go find yourself a room in a women's shelter.

·
48 Posts
This is great now on two seperate threads you are just being shot down again and again. Doc give it up. In another thread you said you were a dealer tech being an oil change tech does not count as being a true tech. Oh and as for the cracked liner if it was a cat maybe but not on a DT. The only time I have seen a cracked liner on a DT is when the engine ran away and it also put a hole in the block. Even then it would not have cause pressure in the coolant because it was the very bottom of the liner that the rod went through.

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
[Moderator hat on]

Disagreement is fine but no bashing ok?

[/Moderator hat off]

·
48 Posts
[Moderator hat on]

Disagreement is fine but no bashing ok?

[/Moderator hat off]
Well that just takes all of the fun out of it. :) JK he just got under my skin wont happen again.

Has the OP had any luck with this truck yet? I havnt seen anouther post by him yet.

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I didn't get a chance to get on here and update the situation but on my day off the supervisior came in since he works off site and tested some theroys when I came back to work the next day he called me on the phone and thanked me for a quick job on the air compressor but said the problem wasn't that at all. he said he found the thermostat bad. replaced with a new one and fixed the problem. we did justify the replacing of the air compressor after draining the airtank and finding that they were filled with oil as well as an oil filled air dryer.
thanks for the help, Im sure Ill use this forum more frequently. :usflag

·
Fabricator, Lifted Trucks
8 Posts
I have this same problem... the dealer said it was a thermostat... $480 bucks for diag and changing the thermostat!!! I still get bubbles up into the catch can... no water in oil. No fuel in coolant...

DT 466E

·
Registered
2 Posts
Getting same problem! Someone help this worthless soul lol Can somebody tell me how I could check my air compressor on my dt466e please. Getting pressure in the expansion tank

21 - 28 of 28 Posts